Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Ollin Messer and Ron Macy KatanaRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Allen Andrews

Reading list: 5 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 02 Oct, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Ollin Messer and Ron Macy Katana         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

As I move towards retirement, and my kids are all in college, i find myself in need of cold hard cash. The 2 swords I am listing are one of a kind. I am listing them at approx half of what I have invested and my price is firm. I will describe them to the best of my ability and be glad to answer any other questions.

The first is a messer I had made by Ollin Sword design. It deviates from a traditional messer in the blade profile. The inspiration for the scallops in the blade came from a peasant knife. I just wanted something different. The sword has been cut with and it cuts very well. There is one very small knick in the blade which was hard to capture with the camera. There is a bit of staining, the worst being at the tip of one of the quillons. I had a custom scabbard made by Tritonworks and it is an excellent total package. I have included links to the listing on the Ollin site as well as the review at Tritonworks. It is a very nice sword, although it does show use. My asking price for this sword is $800 shipped CONUS. I will ship it in the original wooden crate that it came from Ollin in. Very heavy and rather costly to ship.

http://www.ollinsworddesign.com/osd-custom-mess.html
http://www.tritonworks.com/reviews?content=re...man_messer

The second sword is a large sturdy monosteel (1095) katana by Ron Macy. If you are not familiar, Ron Macy is a student of Michael Bell http://dragonflyforge.com/2008/12/11/ron-macy...f-mastery/ I had Ron do all of the work on the sword, including the fitting and polishing. The polishing is done in the traditional style, ans the hamon is beautiful, but I could not catch it with my digital camera. Ron made the tsuba and the copper habaki. The fuchi and kashira are simple patterned copper, but they were made by a guy who the Japanese sword guys get all excited about. Unfortunately, I forgot his name. Anyway, they are nice. Especially nice are the shishi dog menuki. They are late Edo period and I will include the letter of appraisal from AOI Art of Japan. I have never cut with the sword, and the finish reflects that. For this sword I am asking $2,000 shipped CONUS

" I would not snare even an orc with a falsehood. "

Faramir son of Denethor

Words to live by. (Yes, I know he's not a real person)
Allen Andrews

Reading list: 5 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 03 Oct, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Olin Messer is SPF, thanks

" I would not snare even an orc with a falsehood. "

Faramir son of Denethor

Words to live by. (Yes, I know he's not a real person)

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Ollin Messer and Ron Macy KatanaRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic