Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Customized Windlass Type XIV Arming SwordSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 17 May, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Customized Windlass Type XIV Arming Sword         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I have been scooping up a significant number of pieces in the last couple months, and really don't have room for alot of the entry and mid-level stuff in my collection. I am offering these pieces on the forums for those interested in expanding their own collections with some nice swords.

Windlass Type XIV Arming Sword

I purchased this about a month ago and did some minor customization:

I added finial details the the ends of the cross, applied cold blue antique patina (which will steel wool off if you do not like it), upgraded leather/cord grip with two end risers and a central riser added, and lastly added two brass Arabic coins into the pommel (which again, will come out if you do not want them in there). I also finished the blade to a nice satin finish, doing away with the Windlass chrome finish.

The sword is sharpened to a nice paper-cutting edge. The bevel, though noticable, has been blended so that it does not look so machined as from the factory. The sword is a wickedly agile cutter and very fun to weild.

This sword has been used to cut one milk jug and three water bottles. It is nice and solid with a good ring tone. It does not have any problems or issues and is in effect better than it was when I first got it. It has the look and feel of a much higher dollar sword, not to mention it will always be the only one of it's kind. The coins in the pommel could be shined up a little more, but I left them the way they were to enhance the antique effect.

I named this sword Sha'deed. My theme for this sword was that of a mercenary that had traveled to the Middle East and brought back the coins after the journey - mimicing my own life to some extent.

Full specs are here: http://www.kultofathena.com/product~item~5009...+Sword.htm

I paid the KoA list price for this sword, plus sharpening, shipping, and then the customizations. I am asking $185.00 shipped CONUS - which I see as being more than fair - to cover the cost of the sword, the cost of the upgrades, the Paypal fees, and the shipping cost. I prefer Paypal for a quick transaction, as as stated, I will cover the fees.

PM if interested.

J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Customized Windlass Type XIV Arming SwordSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic