Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale or Trade: Antique tachi, nag, tanto, rapier, moreSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Diane Mirro

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 05 Feb, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: For Sale or Trade: Antique tachi, nag, tanto, rapier, more         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Hi folks! Priorities call, so I am clearing out some items that I no longer need and that I think others would be interested in. Photos of all can be seen at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/CFAT561Langenswert

1. Koto period (pre-1600AD) signed Naginata blade-beautifully-curved 14 7/8" long, suguha hamon, working polish, double red-highlighted hi both sides, smooth black saya. $375

2. Koto period signed tachi with lacquered brocade saya, copper inlay tsuba--Blade 27 1/2" from tip to silver habaki, with an uguisu colored tsukamaki. The saya is black lacquer over silk brocade. The polish is not great, but no rust. There is a small window polished and A LOT of activity is going on. Large areas of ji-nie and muneyaki. The hamon is thin suguha. Tachi signature is partially obscured due to shortening. 10 ½” tsuka was done by Fred Lohman and features silver seashell menuki, iron fuchi/kashira and nice ivory large bump same. Tsuba has nice copper and gold highlights including a dragon seen in the upper right. Uguisu sageo. Ready for Iai or the sword collector. Will be shipped in a gun case. Gold, red and blue swordbag fashioned from obi included. $950

3. Edo period signed Tanto with Iron Higo koshirae-This is a powerful, robust 10 7/8" blade (mune at habaki is 3/8" wide!) in good polish with bold hamon, exquisitely lacquered saya, full matching koshirae including kurigata cover, shitodome and kojiri, shishi menuki, very old tsuka foundation included. $2500

4. Edo period signed iron tsuba-rice motif, gold accents, 2 7/8" x 2 5/8"$200-SOLD, pending payment

5. Darkwood Armoury 3-ring rapier, pommel to cross 6"; 39" blade, bated edge (practice ready), 3-ring swept hilt with piercework in first ring, walnut grip, 2lbs. 6 oz. This is a striking and wonderfully-balanced piece from Scott Wilson. Only used for solo work 2 classes. Will be shipped in a gun case. $395

6. Japanese wooden weapons, weapon bag, and stand set—Including Jo, Bokken, Shoto and Tanto—Bujindesign hickory laminate jo, 50” long, 1” diameter, excellent condition; Japanese Iwama style (flat tip) White Oak Bokken, 41” long, few minor dents but a nice close grained, strong wood; hardwood Shoto (shortsword), 22” long, and Tanto 11 ½” long—these two are worn, nothing fancy, but no dents or cracks; Sword Stand, black, holds daisho set or jo and bokken; weapons bag—handsewn, green bamboo motif, slim profile but roomy enough to hold all four weapons. $150 all six pieces. Sword stand will be disassembled for shipping. Good group purchase for a dojo--keep what you want, sell off the rest.

7. Purpleheart Armoury hickory longsword waster-L1 standard pommel, 2.5lbs., no dents, cracks or abuse—practically unused. $60

8. Triplette 3-weapons-rated fencing mask—Certified 400N satisfies standard WMA seminar requirements, Size 3 fits medium heads. $35

9. Gauntlets-Black leather light sparring gloves from Revival Leather, size L, excellent condition, great for longsword, rapier. $35

10. Recurve bow-Wood laminate fiberglass 40#@28" draw weight Damon Howatt recurve, Cavalier model, from this respected maker now known as Martin Archery. Comes with string and stringer. $65

Above prices include insurance and shipping in the continental United States—FedEx unless other requested. I will accept Paypal (preferred) or a personal check. No additional charge for Paypal payment. And feel free to make reasonable offers, especially if shipping on several items can be combined!

Barterwise, I would consider a traditional-looking cutlass, hanger, dirk, scimitar or similar in the 12-28" range, preferably with scabbard. Fairly good type--no wallhangers, please. Nothing that I would have to add any cash for, however...

Contact me by PM or email ladysamurai@yahoo.com and be patient—I will check correspondence daily, but I am only on the computer a short time each day.

NOTE: In answer to queries, I have uploaded more photos of the bow, of the naginata blade (trying to show the hamon) , the naginata nagasa (that is the long, narrow dark one) and the tanto nagasa (black background) to try to show the mei. No, I do not know what they say or what clan the pieces may be tied to. The mei of the tachi is not intact due to shortening--one friend told me he thought he could make out the kanji for "moon" ("tsuki") but that may not be correct.
Diane Mirro

PostPosted: Mon 05 Feb, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Recurve bow and Purpleheart waster both sold, pending payments.

Diane
Diane Mirro

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Price reduction on Rapier to $375, and nix the guncase--the cheapest I can find around here are $25-30 plus tax. Worried

Diane
Diane Mirro

PostPosted: Tue 06 Feb, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Updates on status of items         Reply with quote

Naginata SOLD, pending payment

Tachi negotiating, most likely SOLD, pending payment

Tanto--available, will entertain serious offers

Rapier--available, ditto

Japanese wooden weapons, stand, bags--available, will split up but charge for shipping accordingly

Longsword waster SOLD, pending payment

Mask and gauntlets--price drop to $30 apiece, or $50 both

Bow SOLD

FYI, my Paypal address is the same, ladysamurai@yahoo.com
Trent Stevens

PostPosted: Wed 07 Feb, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: the rapier!         Reply with quote

Hi, i was just curious if the rapier is an atrim? is it sharp aswell?

thanks

TS

Trenty!
Diane Mirro

PostPosted: Wed 07 Feb, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Rapier is the rebated style for actual class work, but I suggest you give Scott Wilson of Darkwood Armory a call to see if they are sharpenable. Scott made the entire sword, and did a wonderful job of it.

Sincerely,
Diane
Diane Mirro

PostPosted: Wed 07 Feb, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gauntlets sold

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale or Trade: Antique tachi, nag, tanto, rapier, moreSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic