Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Antique late 18th Century WakizashiSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jonathan Hopkins

PostPosted: Fri 27 Oct, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Antique late 18th Century Wakizashi         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I am selling a late 18th century Japanese wakizashi. I purchased this when I was younger and less focussed. I am not familiar with the terminology of nihonto, but I'll do my best to describe the sword. This sword is in need of much TLC, and would make a great first antique sword for someone who is interested in putting some work into it. I am not sure what the age of the tsuka (grip) is. It is leather with a wooden core. There is some loss to the wood and the leather, and was repared at one point. There is no bamboo peg to hold the tsuka tin place on the blade. The tsuba (guard) is iron with a gold ginko leaf and other small bits of gold foliage inlay. The blade's tip has been damaged, and there are a few notches on the blade. The steel of the blade is bright in some areas, and had a dark patina on others. TThe habaki appears to be copper. The saya (scabbard) is black rayskin and has a slot for a kozuka or kogai (bi-knife). The sword weighs 1 lb. 1.5 ounces and is 21.25" long overall. If you have questions, etc., please send me a PM. Here is a link to more pics: Wakizashi Pics

$300.00 shipped. CONUS only please.
Jonathan Hopkins

PostPosted: Fri 27 Oct, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sorry, I forgot to add that at this point I am only accepting money orders or cashier's checks.
Jonathan Hopkins

PostPosted: Fri 27 Oct, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I now accept PayPal! Please add 3% for PayPal fees.

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Antique late 18th Century WakizashiSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic