Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Alojz Kristo Early Medieval Sword Type XRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jussi Ekholm

Reading list: 38 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 09 Sep, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: Alojz Kristo Early Medieval Sword Type X         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I haven't been too active in the forum in the last years, mostly due to my almost total move towards researching antique Japanese swords. I've had had couple of European replica swords sitting on my sword rack for several years unused and I feel they would reserve a proper home that gives them some loving. Unfortunately due to size limitations in shipping, I believe this one will be the only one that I will be able to sell internationally (mostly still within Europe).

I purchased this around 2017 from myArmoury when an Italian collector was selling it. If I remember correctly the blade was Hanwei Viking, and Croatian smith Alojz Kristo made a completely new hilt for it and a custom scabbard too. In my opinion this has been a great budget sword and I feel it is great bang for buck. However as I don't do HEMA nor backyard cutting anymore, I feel this needs a new home instead of just sitting in the rack, and I can use the funds towards future trip to Japan.

In my opinion sword it quite nicely balanced and feels good in hand. I think Alojz has done well in hilt creation. Scabbard is also quite well made, the only shortcoming in my opinion is that the interlaced belt is very short. I was made aware of this when buying. The overall condition of the sword is good in my opinion. There are no nicks or anything on the blade, there are 2 or 3 tiny rust dimples on the blade that have been there before my ownership. The blade is fairly sharp, I have never used this for cutting so I have not sharpened it more from this current state.

Whole length: 94,5 cm
Blade length: 77,5 cm
Blade width (base): 5,4 cm
Blade width (near tip): 3,1 cm
Blade thickness (base): 5 mm
Blade thickness (near tip): 3,5 mm
Grip length: 11 cm
Guard width: 16 cm
Weight: 1210 g
Pommel: Peened

Price: 300€ + shipping costs (mostly c.30€ in Europe as I can fit this in 100 cm package). Payment methods, bank transfer or Paypal F&F (as this in very cheap in my opinion I will appreciate if you add money for fees if you want regular Paypal payment). Not much more to add, send me a PM if you are interested and I can get shipping quote to your country.

Just ask if you have any questions

Attachment: 143.4 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 177.71 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 194.11 KB
[ Download ]

Jussi Ekholm

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Alojz Kristo Early Medieval Sword Type XRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic