Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: 18th Century Flint Grenade Launcher (Hand Mortar)Removed Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
GG Osborne

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 07 Feb, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: 18th Century Flint Grenade Launcher (Hand Mortar)         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I have a flintlock hand mortar for sale made from TRS parts. I have not personally fired this piece but those that have stated that it will fire a tennis ball 150-300 yards. I had thought about using it at reenactments to fire tennis balls painted black as demos, even with a large firecracker or such to simulate an 18th-century grenade! Never did it though.

The flintlock sparks well and the piece is well built. The parts for this Mortar from The Rifle Shoppe are $975 with an assembled lock. The building cost was $700.00. Total is $1675 plus shipping, insurance, and any PP fees that may apply.

This is something one almost never seems for sale and - again - is being sold because I am paring down my collection to just those items pertaining to the Jacobite Rebellion period.

I will be posting pictures but wanted to go ahead a stimulate some potential interest!

"Those who live by the sword...will usually die with a huge, unpaid credit card balance!"
GG Osborne

PostPosted: Sun 10 Feb, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject: Hand Mortar Pictures         Reply with quote

As promised, here are some detailed pictures of the Hand Mortar. I wanted to clean it up a bit before I took pictures. To reiterate, the parts are through TRS and are representative of early pre-Ordnance System parts. The lock is marked W Predden and the trigger guard, side-plate, and butt plate are all pre- Long Long Pattern style which is very correct for this piece.

The gloss on the wood is due to a good rubbing with beeswax just before the pictures were made. It is not a synthetic finish.

These weapons hardly ever show up for sale as the barrels are very scarce. I believe this one was machined by Ben Coogle.

If you have a question, please PM me.

Attachment: 121.04 KB
IMG_0412.JPG

Attachment: 126.75 KB
IMG_0413.JPG

Attachment: 97.46 KB
IMG_0414.JPG

Attachment: 98.97 KB
IMG_0415.JPG

Attachment: 120.35 KB
IMG_0416.JPG

Attachment: 124.69 KB
IMG_0417.JPG

Attachment: 83.04 KB
IMG_0419.JPG

"Those who live by the sword...will usually die with a huge, unpaid credit card balance!"
GG Osborne

PostPosted: Fri 15 Feb, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject: Needs a new home!         Reply with quote

This hand mortar is hard to find! Needs a good home. Open to reasonable offers.

GG Osborne

PostPosted: Sat 23 Feb, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject: Still Looking For a New Home         Reply with quote

Reasonable offers considered!

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: 18th Century Flint Grenade Launcher (Hand Mortar)Removed
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic