Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Albion Agincort w/ incomplete scabbardSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Greyson Brown

Reading list: 15 books

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 04 Dec, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Albion Agincort w/ incomplete scabbard         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

i would like to sell my Albion Agincourt Type XVa with black grip. I bought this sword because I thought I needed an example of each type in use during the 14th century, but this one just doesn't speak to me. That said, I have help onto it for about 10 years or so now. During that time it has been used for light cutting about twice and has otherwise been on my wall or in my gun cabinet.

Back in 2006, I started a scabbard for this sword that never got fully finished. You can read the details here if you are interested. The wood core fits pretty snug so there is a mark on the blade where the scabbard rubs (see pictures), and I did have an issue with the leather that resulted in it stopping short of the tip. I think most any chape would cover that issue up. Really this scabbard just needs a chape and a suspension and it would be good to go. It should be noted that I am a hobbyist maker, not a professional.

I am asking $1000 shipped and insured in the Continental US for the sword with scabbard. I would prefer to sell both items together, but would be willing to sell them separately (see note below). If I sell them separately, I am asking $850 for the sword and $200 for the scabbard (each price includes insurance and shipping in CONUS). Please PM me if you are interested.

Sorry; I am not interested in trades.

NOTE: As noted above, I would prefer to sell the sword and scabbard together. As a result, if I get an offer for just one of them, I will wait 24 hours from the time I respond to the initial offerer in order to see if anyone else expresses interest in the set. If, in that 24 hours, someone offers to buy the set, I will sell to them, but if no one expresses such interest, I will sell the requested item to the initial offerer and update this listing with a note about which item is sold/available.

-- Greyson

Attachment: 386.41 KB
Agincourt overview [ Download ]

Attachment: 370.7 KB
Agincourt in scabbard [ Download ]

Attachment: 376.32 KB
Agincourt hilt [ Download ]

Attachment: 325.49 KB
Close-up of blade where scabbard has rubbed (outlined in red) [ Download ]

"So long as I can keep the path of honor I am well content."
-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The White Company
Greyson Brown

PostPosted: Sat 05 Dec, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The sword has sold, but the scabbard is still available. As noted above, I am asking $200 shipped and insured (CONUS) for the scabbard. Since I did not have as detailed pictures of the scabbard in the previous post, I am attaching some more here.

-- Greyson

Attachment: 408.71 KB
Top of the scabbard showing the triangular flap [ Download ]

Attachment: 335.35 KB
Scabbard tip showing the how far the wood extends beyond the leather. According to my tape measure it is about 1/2 inch. A chape should cover this without much issue. [ Download ]

Attachment: 233.52 KB
Back of the scabbard showing stitching (and the slight gap that came from the leather shrinking down onto the core). [ Download ]

Greyson Brown

PostPosted: Fri 11 Dec, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am dropping the price on this scabbard. I am asking $150 shipped, or best offer.

-- Greyson

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Albion Agincort w/ incomplete scabbardSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic