Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Trade: Custom Gen2 Dark Prince & Hanwei XL Light KatanaRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
William Hartmann

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 02 Jul, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: For Trade: Custom Gen2 Dark Prince & Hanwei XL Light Kat         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I have 2 swords that I'm looking to trade for something else. I'm looking to trade them for lighter swords. I would be willing to trade them together or individually. Some swords I'm looking to trade each one for is a Hanwei Tinker Bastard sword or a Jian. I prefer swords that can be griped with 2 hands if needed and are under 2 1/2 lbs. Also will consider trading for a light one hand sword. (Not looking for another Katana or a military type saber from the 1800's and later). Feel free to make any offers. (willing to pay a more for a higher quality sword if the original prices aren't similar)

Customized Gen 2 Black Prince

Total Length: 43.25"
Blade Length: 33.25"
CoB: 3"
CoP: ~18-19"
Weight: 3 lbs 1 oz

The first sword up for trade Gen 2 Dark Prince, customized by Brian of DBK. I'm not the original owner, but it was purchased for $400 brand new with customizations. The sword has been used in backyard cutting, but is still sharp with very few scratches that you get from cutting small plastic bottles. The scabbard has some scratches, scuffs, and darker leather near the top as you can see in the picture. At the top of the scabbard there is cross that has a moonstone in the center. The back of the scabbard had one, but the moonstone fell out so I removed it. The blade is sharp with no nicks in the blade and is peened and feels extremely solid.

Hanwei Practical XL Light
(Stats from Kult of Athena)

Overall Length: 40 7/8'' Blade: 28 1/4''
Weight: 2 lb 8.4 oz
P.O.B.: 4 5/8''

This was one of my first swords I bought and have used it for light cutting practice, a few bottles but mainly pool noodles. There are pretty much no scratches on the blade that I can see. The grip is still really tight and barely used. The scabbard has some scratches as you can see from carrying it around and banging it into other scabbards. I have sharpened this sword myself using TomK's belt sander method, just to touch up the edge without removing the acid etches hamon that Hanwei put on the blade (Started at 600 grit and moved up to 2500grit and then finished with leather strop). The blade was paper cutting sharp out of the box, but I made it razor sharp and it will remove hairs from my arm now with ease like a razor. I sharpened it about 6 months ago and it's still will shave hair off my arm.

William Hartmann

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 04 Jul, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Well I can't seem to edit my own post, but the Gen 2 Dark Prince has been traded.

The Hanwei XL Light Katana is still available for trade and I'm looking for a fully functional Jian or a light sword that weighs 2 1/4th lbs to trade for it. I'm willing to trade for a more expensive sword and pay the difference.

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Trade: Custom Gen2 Dark Prince & Hanwei XL Light KatanaRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic