Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: ATrim/CF Oakeshott Type XVIIIbRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Joshua Little

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 08 Nov, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: For Sale: ATrim/CF Oakeshott Type XVIIIb         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

FS - ATrim/CF Oakeshott Type XVIIIb

I bought this sword in early 2001 when Christian was handling the Oakeshott series of Gus' blades. It is in near perfect condition, as it was hardly used (maybe 4 light cutting sessions againts water bottles). The furniture is blackened and the hilt covered in stiched cowhide. The sword is exceptionally light and quick and great for everything an XVIIIb is meant for.

I'm selling the blade because it's the least used of my blades and I need the money for another toy that I will use more. I've got a few decorative blades and a ton of trainers, but this blade is always kept away from general display due to sharpness of it. With kids on the way in the next 2 years, I'd probably stick this one away in the gun cabinet anyways.

The stats:
(unfortunately, my measuring tape went the way of the dodo, so these are what I remember of the actual dimensions as posted on CF's site)

Length - 47-48"
Blade - 36"
Cross - 10" large bow tie
Blade type - OS XVIIIb diamond section
pommel - scent stopper
weight - 2.2 lbs

comes with CF wood transport scabbard (just loose fitted wood core). I'm asking $525 (includes shipping + insurance to con. US) for the sword. I am currently only accepting offers from the Continental US. I will accept Paypal or Money Orders. Please contact me via email - lvcian AT mac DOT com. Thanks!

--
Josh Little
Ars Gladii - Detroit, MI
http://www.arsgladii.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Russ Mitchell

PostPosted: Mon 08 Nov, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I own one of these, and it's rapidly become one of my favorite swords. Not in position for a buy, but if anybody's on the fence, I heartily recommend it.

10,000 lemmings can't be wrong.
Joshua Little

PostPosted: Mon 08 Nov, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for the endorsement, Russ! I too love the way this sword handles. Unfortunately, almost all my work is done now with aluminum trainers or steel blunts and I have very little use for a sharp right now (or in the future). The blade is extremely sharp, which makes me hesitant to keep it out around the small children that sometimes run around my house. As great as this sword is, t's the proverbial "fifth wheel" and I could use the money for something else.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: ATrim/CF Oakeshott Type XVIIIbRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic