Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale or Trade: Custom Jack Sparrow BootsRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
D. Raleigh

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sat 24 Dec, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: For Sale or Trade: Custom Jack Sparrow Boots         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Well, this sucks.

I recover from foot surgery that should have been done ten years ago, the surgeon did a great job and my left foot works better than it has in 20 years, I check that the swelling is indeed down enough so that I can wear those Custom Jack Sparrow Boots that I had custom-made a few years ago...and I find that the guy custom-made them in the wrong size.

I told him 9 1/2 D. I never noticed that he made me boots in 8 1/2 D. I've had them for several years, waiting to get my foot worked on before I even tried to wear them.

So, I'm offering them for sale or trade. These are made by Champion Attitude Boots, a traditional bootmaker in El Paso. By "traditional" I mean South Texas father-to-son bootmaking craftsmanship. These are the custom version, in the Cognac suede to match the boots from Curse of the Black Pearl (Mr. Depp had darker boots in the later movies). I chose a low (fencing) heel, and square toes for a more-period look.

Here is the link to where you could pay the full price of $400:
http://www.caboots.com/c=RJHWHG9GJL383AK2YU2C...BOOTS.html

But if you'd rather not and you either have 8 1/2D feet or know someone who does (8.5 men's is 9.5 women's) this is an opportunity for a real bargain. I tried to give them to my wife but her feet are too small. They've been worn twice for a couple hours each - that's why I can't say they're brand new.

Does your lady wear 9.5 shoes? Do you recall that last scene on the beach from At World's End? With Keira Knightly and the legs?

Here are some pictures of the boots on sale. Sorry about the picture quality. As cameras go, it's a pretty good phone:
Here's the reason for this listing:

These boots are of a tough, yet very flexible suede. Like a blacksmith's apron. I could fence in these - they're more flexible than the boots I used to fence in. From a traditional vaquero bootmaker. You can pay less, but not for this kind of quality.

Full price was $400. I'll ask $300 to put toward a pair in the right size. If that's too much money, I'm interested in swords of very late or very early periods, or a really nice dagger...or make me some other offer.
D. Raleigh

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sun 25 Dec, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Price Reduction         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Okay, price reduction for Christmas: $250 or a nice trade.

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale or Trade: Custom Jack Sparrow BootsRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic