Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Milanese houndskull BascinetSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Felix R.

PostPosted: Sat 06 Aug, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: For Sale: Milanese houndskull Bascinet         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Here I have for Sale a houndskull Bascinet, the design is influenced by the piece in the Wallace collection, late 14th Century http://www.myArmoury.com/view.html?features/pic_spot_basc25.jpg

The helmet is made of two halves from 2mm steel. The visor is side hinged and dismountable by two pins, it is made from a cone with a seem under the snout. Ther helmet is in very nice condition. It has vervelles for mounting the aventail and holes for attaching a liner.

The helmet is made by Hacek Matera of Poland and he did a great job shaping the skull and especially the visor.

The helmet fits my 59,5cm head quite well, but will also fit people wither larger diameter, especially wider heads. My head is 15,5cm wide obove the ears and 21cm front to back. The helmet inside length is app. 22.5cm , the inside width is about 18.5cm. The actual length depends on the tilt a little bit, as you can see from the featured article that bascinets can be worn at different tilted positions an adjustable liner makes such personal preerenc possible.

I will sell the helmet without liner and aventail, but the leatherband for attaching the aventail comes together with the helmet.

Helmet and leather: 400€

The liner is handsewn linen, filled with some fluffy sheep wool, made by Jiri Klepac and companions. It has 4 adjustable panels inside and an padded aventail coming down to almost the point of the shoulders: 100€

The aventail maile is 8mm ID flatring wegde rivets and solids. The section around the face has some added links: 160€

I would sell everything together for 600€

More details and detailed shots on request.

Attachment: 192.5 KB
IMG_3587.JPG

Attachment: 223.33 KB
IMG_3585.JPG

Attachment: 205.68 KB
IMG_3583.JPG

Felix R.

PostPosted: Sat 06 Aug, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This is how it looks like when worn.

Felix R.

PostPosted: Sat 17 Dec, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

€/$ is at a favourable exchange rate right know for all US or other transatlantic interested parties.

Shipping is included.

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Milanese houndskull BascinetSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic