Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: AT1513 MK 1SOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jonathon Janusz

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 30 Aug, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: For Sale: AT1513 MK 1 [SOLD]         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Hello, all! Well, changes in my collecting and the number of "someday. . ." project irons in the fire has brought me to the decision to sell this sword.

If I remember right, I picked up this old version AT1513 from Jason Elrod off the SFI forums a while back. It has the old style s-curve cross, acorn pommel, and one of the nicest finished walnut grips and smoothly finished blades that I've seen on an atrim either in person or in picture. Note that the sword is actually a Bladesmith Brothers DD1513, just to get the vintage right. I never got to do any cutting with it (the previous owner did, not that one could tell by looking at it) just dry handling, so it is in the all but pristine condition I recieved it in.

I got a great deal on it when I bought it, so I'm going to pass a great deal along to the next lucky person. All I need to get is what I've got in it - $275, CONUS shipping included. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks!

Last edited by Jonathon Janusz on Tue 14 Sep, 2004 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Jonathon Janusz

PostPosted: Tue 31 Aug, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: pics         Reply with quote

Here are some pictures of the sword. Two things I would like to note: first, the pommel nut is a stand-in for the original (my brother is working on getting a die set so I can get a few replacements; this is one of his early attempts). I will ship the original with the sword. Second, there are a few tiny spots where summer in Wisconsin has done its worst (anyone who has ordered from Albion recently knows what I mean). I cleaned the blade up with glass cleaner and a green scrubby, but if you are very particular about such things you might want to give it a once-over with a very, very fine steel wool to finish smoothing things out. Otherwise, the only other thing I noticed are some very light scratches near the tip (never noticed before) probably from some earlier cutting - again, easily taken care of with the steel wool. Sorry if it sounds like I'm blowing things a little out of proportion, but I just want to make sure anyone looking knows exactly what they are getting if they choose to purchase (I would look for such things myself). Again, a very nice sword.

Lastly, I will entertain reasonable offers, but I don't want to go too much lower as the funds from this sale are going right back into another project.

Thanks again and enjoy. PM me with any questions!

Attachment: 16.5 KB
MVC-002S.JPG

Attachment: 17.1 KB
MVC-005S.JPG

Attachment: 16.87 KB
MVC-006S.JPG

Attachment: 17.07 KB
MVC-007S.JPG

Jonathon Janusz

PostPosted: Fri 03 Sep, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

To anyone interested in this piece, I will be away for the weekend (Bristol Ren Faire on Saturday, New Glarus Lanzefest Sunday and Monday), so I won't be able to reply until later Tuesday evening. In any case, if the sword has not sold by then, I think I'm going to try to place it at the feet of the gods of Ebay. . .

Have a safe Labor Day everyone!
Jonathon Janusz

PostPosted: Thu 09 Sep, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

viva la ebay!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem...:B:LC:US:1

. . . and one more for good measure!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem...:B:LC:US:1

three days only, folks, and they're priced to move!

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: AT1513 MK 1SOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic