Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Trade: Spare Parts & KC GladiusSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Richard M

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sun 14 Nov, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: For Trade: Spare Parts & KC Gladius         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I have a few spare parts laying around that aren't spoken for and thought I'd see if anyone had an interest. I'm more interested in trading than selling. Things I'm interested in include European fittings: hilts, pommels, chapes mainly, but I'll consider anything non-Japanese, I'll provide more details and better pictures upon request.

First pic, plastic handle from Windlass Shrewsbury, shortened. Pommel, blackened steel, some marring on top. Pommel, bronze, from moat sale, sprues need to be ground off. Ring pommel, steel, from Moat sale, drilled for tang, some rust I didn't sand off yet. Viking guard from Moat sale. I'm especially interested in trading for the guard that matches the pommel shown below. I know one of you has one laying around! There were a bunch in the moat sale and I stupidly neglected to grab one.

Next, A couple of ray skins I grabbed at Tandy awhile back. Usable areas are 10x12ish on the brown and 6x10ish on the black

Black doeskin, thin and soft, some creasing from being crumpled in a box for the last year

Next: Moat sale blade. I sanded off the rust and found very little pitting. There is a little wandering in the fullers you'll see in the second pic, but otherwise I can't find an defect. The edge isn't ground, and the blade isn't heat treated yet.

Moat sale blade #2: this one has some rust left on it, and some pitting. It isn't finish ground, and it's sabered. I think this one is hardened, but not tempered It's a bunch of work probably, but it's a hollow ground profile.

Old Windlass sword: I bought this second hand as a project sword, re-gripped and sharpened it. The sharpening job is kind of rough. The hilt parts appear to be chrome plated. Comes with a basic leather scabbard.

KC Gladius: This one is a scuffed up a bit and has a very slight wobble in the edge where I hit my cutting stand the wrong way. This one I'll sell outright for $180, or consider in trades.

I'll entertain any offers, I'm curious to see what comes up. PM me here on the board with any offers or questions. Thanks for looking
Luka Borscak

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sun 14 Nov, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Moat blade         Reply with quote

Hello! Would you be interested in trading the first moat blade (double fullered) for anything of mine from this topic: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=21398 ?
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 231 books

Spotlight topics: 15

Feedback score: 100%
(10 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sun 14 Nov, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Moat blade         Reply with quote

Luka Borscak wrote:
Hello! Would you be interested in trading the first moat blade (double fullered) for anything of mine from this topic: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=21398 ?

Please handle your business in private, rather than for the whole world to see. Thank you.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Richard M

PostPosted: Sun 14 Nov, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bronze and Shrewsbury pommels on hold
Richard M

PostPosted: Mon 15 Nov, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote