Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Trade: Customized CS chisagatanaSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
J. Pav

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sun 15 Aug, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: For Trade: customized CS chisagatana         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

One COLD STEEL Chisa Katana. Got this in trade a few years ago. It was in pretty rough shape, so I overhauled it. Cold Steel's line of Katana are VERY sturdy, but not exactly balanced for the serious practitioner.

Tsuka core was painted black. Ito was rewrapped in Tachi-maki style (crossovers are layed flat, not twisted). The cotton Ito was then soaked in shellac to solidify it. Makes for a very sturdy grip and you needn't worry about it shifting or loosening. Entire Tsuka is epoxied to the Nakago.

Blade and Habaki are unmodified. It's seen little use, so the thing is still a friggin' razor.

Saya was stripped and coated in truck-bed liner. VERY tough stuff. Black gloss is both boring, overdone, and prone to chipping and scuffing. This stuff will take anything you throw at it, short of intentional destruction.

It's been sitting in a corner for a few years, now. Makes for a great zombie slayer, but I'm looking for something shorter.
For factory specs: [URL="http://www.coldsteel.com/japanwarrior.html"]http://www.coldsteel.com/japanwarrior.html[/URL]
(bottom row).

I'm pretty open minded when it comes to trades. Looking for a shorter sword of comparable quality (I'm open to most any style of construction). Also looking for a good bowie (preferably close to 12" OAL). Open to other offers.

Email me at CallMePavz(at)Yahoo(dot)com

PHOTOS!

J. Pav

PostPosted: Wed 18 Aug, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bowies? Would love a Cold Steel Natchez or Laredo, or almost any quality bowie knife. Pretty much any bowies from MMHW (preference for those WITH the brass guard).
No rubber handles. Wood or Micarta, MAYBE stag. Preference towards coffin-handle.
For the right knife, I will chip in some cash to balance out the deal.

Shortsword? Single or double edged. About 18" blade length. Doubt anyone will have anything, but worth a shot. Any of the old MMHW swords would be perfect (Long Knife, S/M/L Shasqua, Wakizashi). Will also consider a MMHW Battle Hatchet.

I dabble in leatherwork, so if something lacks a sheath it's certainly no deal-breaker.
J. Pav

PostPosted: Wed 25 Aug, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Still accepting trade offers, but this is now also for sale.

$300 shipped within the USA.

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Trade: Customized CS chisagatanaSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic