Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Byzantine Kit, Klivanion, Helmet, GambesonSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jack Savante

PostPosted: Fri 16 Jul, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: For Sale: Byzantine Kit, Klivanion, Helmet, Gambeson         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Hi All,
I bought a beautiful Byzantine helmet and a gambeson; and painstaking assembled a leather klivanion of lamellar armour. Unfortunately because there aren't any reenactment groups where I live I've never had occasion to use them so I've decided to part with them.

The Lamellar Armour is constructed in a manner similar to that advocated by the most modern theories regarding its construction and is assembled from thick top grain leather. It features two hypothethical lacing configurations; one which results in greater padding, the other which conforms to the natural contours of the body. As no complete lamellar Klivanion is in existence either technique of lacing is possible as they both correspond to the extant icons that represent such armours. The front half is laced in a manner that creates greater spacing between panels (for superior impact resistance), the back in such a way that it fits more closely (for comfort and mobility)[back shown in photo]. The Klivanion is held together on one side by two buckles allowing it to be opened. It is a beautiful piece I am very proud of having made and no manufacturer commercially produces Klivanions at present, so this is a very rare item. It cost me $1000 in materials and time to produce.

The helmet was bought for $300 oiled and then stored in a wardrobe and unfortunately I never got the chance to use it.
The Gambeson is a thickly padded Large sized button up variety, and works and wears beautifully, but has never been used for reenactment. I bought it for $175. Greeves made of the same top grain leather I will part with for $50. The Klivanion and Greeves have been treated with generous amounts of leather conditioner and will resist the elements.

For all intents and purposes all of these items are new.

For interested parties the Klivanion is $1000 Australian Dollars, the Helmet is $250, and the gambeson is $150. First person to get their email to me (and successfully pays by way of Paypal) gets the items [ie. first come, first served]. Postage will be calculated by location (and reasonable - I'll charge what I can best estimate it will cost me to send it). Please direct enquiries to me by mail - thanks Big Grin

[/code]
Jack Savante

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jul, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I meant to add - "all offers considered." I do realise we are in the middle of a global depression! I don't have a use for these items so rather than keep them in storage I'd much rather they go out into the world and be used.
If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask.
Kind Regards Happy
Jack Savante

PostPosted: Tue 20 Jul, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

In response to requests for more images:

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Byzantine Kit, Klivanion, Helmet, GambesonSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic