Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Leather Celtic Cuirass - Braveheart-esqueSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Nicolas Bertolero

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 21 Sep, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Leather Celtic Cuirass - Braveheart-esque         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I'm selling a leather cuirass I made two years ago and only wore once due to regalia change at an event I go to every year. It was the first leather project I ever attempted. As you can see in the pictures, it's made for a large man but is adjustable with buckles and straps. I hand hammered each rivet and hand punched every hole. I ran the shoulder and back straps through a celtic knot press to accent it with some wonderful patterns. Unfortunately, I ran out of leather to do the back straps and hand to recycle some old pieces of leather that were prestained black. They would be quite easy to replace if you so desire.

The cuirass looks great over chainmail or a gambeson. In the pictures I'm just wearing my work clothes :-D

The leather altogether cost me almost $200 for all the little rectangles, straps, rivets, buckles and large hide pieces. I'm asking $275 or best offer. It took me about a month working on the weekends to make this as it took an extensive amount of manual labor.

Attachment: 115.95 KB
IMG_5190.jpg

Attachment: 195.39 KB
IMG_5188.jpg

Attachment: 171.64 KB
IMG_5189.jpg

Attachment: 193.38 KB
IMG_5191.jpg

Attachment: 151.21 KB
IMG_5192.jpg

Attachment: 186.73 KB
IMG_5195.jpg

Attachment: 184.41 KB
IMG_5196.jpg

Godspeed,
Nicolas Bertolero

"In all of us there is a hunger, marrow deep, to know our heritage, to know who we are, and where we have come from. Without this enriching knowledge, there is a hollow yearning, no matter what our attainments in life,there is a most disquieting loneliness." Alex Haley
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nicolas Bertolero

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 22 Sep, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Payment pending

Godspeed,
Nicolas Bertolero

"In all of us there is a hunger, marrow deep, to know our heritage, to know who we are, and where we have come from. Without this enriching knowledge, there is a hollow yearning, no matter what our attainments in life,there is a most disquieting loneliness." Alex Haley
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Leather Celtic Cuirass - Braveheart-esqueSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic