Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New Regal Edition Kriegschwert Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Sonny Suttles
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: New Regal Edition Kriegschwert         Reply with quote

Valiant Armoury, Christian Fletcher and Gus Trim have been working together for a few years now. Our initial projects have been going quite well so we decided to step it up and introduce a whole new line, The Regal Collection.

The Regal Collection swords feature blades actually made by Gus Trim himself. It is well known that Gus' Blade are extremely well done in regards to Heat Treat, Harmonic balance and performance cutting. In the past the only complaint for Gus' blades might have been the finish. For the Regal line as well as the Christian Fletcher / Gus Trim Prestige line, those complaints are no longer valid. These blade are polished to a fine satin finish on the face and fuller of the blade and have as fine a finish as can be found anywhere. For the rest of the swords, Christian Fletcher has done the designs and of course he is among the finest in the business when it comes to the design and aesthetics of Medieval swords, sword scabbards and suspension packages.
As for Valiant Armoury, after having learned a great deal about leather production over that last few years with Christian's help, we have stepped up our level as well for this new line. The finish on the Regal Collection Swords represents as close to an actual package made by Christian Fletcher as you can get without having it made by the man himself.

The First 2 swords in the series are a Regal Edition of the Kriegschwert and a brand new design, The Monarch. Both swords are set to be reviewed and have videos made within the next few days or so with the results posted by the Reviewer.

See the Kriegschwert here:
http://www.valiant-armoury.com/kriegschwert.php

Sonny

www.valiant-armoury.com
www.customswordshoppe.com
Adam S.

PostPosted: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

My kingdom for a Regal Collection Bristol!

Looking good, Sonny. I was wondering to myself yesterday if something along these lines would come out eventually.

Keep it up!

~A
Sonny Suttles
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

We are certainly planning on stocking a Regal Bristol in the future but one can certainly be ordered anytime you like.

Sonny

www.valiant-armoury.com
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm very curious - what style of sword is the Monarch?
Hugo Voisine

PostPosted: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow, cool !

Any chance you can post some hi-res pictures of the Signature and Regal versions Kriegschwert for comparison ?

« Que dites-vous ?... C'est inutile ?... Je le sais !
Mais on ne se bat pas dans l'espoir du succès !
Oh ! non, c'est bien plus beau lorsque c'est inutile ! »
M. Eversberg II

Reading list: 3 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gods man, you are to that company what Moses was to the Hebrews. The Krieg was a fine looking blade before, but one done by Trim himself...now that's something else.

I look forward to the vids; I'm also very interested in an objective, side-by-side comparison between this and the original.

M.

This space for rent or lease.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Adam S.

PostPosted: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sonny Suttles wrote:
We are certainly planning on stocking a Regal Bristol in the future but one can certainly be ordered anytime you like.

Sonny

Just trying to make sure your statement was clear to me. Are you saying that, even though the Regal Bristol is not yet in production, I could order one with the Gus blade now? What kind of delivery time are we talking about?

Also: Are these just your standard Gus Trim parts but on to a Trim ground blade, or are the parts themselves different too?

Thanks Sonny,

~A
Mike Capanelli

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Adam S. wrote:
Sonny Suttles wrote:

Sonny

Just trying to make sure your statement was clear to me. Are you saying that, even though the Regal Bristol is not yet in production, I could order one with the Gus blade now? What kind of delivery time are we talking about?

Also: Are these just your standard Gus Trim parts but on to a Trim ground blade, or are the parts themselves different too?

Thanks Sonny,

~A

I was wondering the same thing.

Winter is coming
Antonio Lamadrid

PostPosted: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Any hope of having a Regal Malatesta in 2010? I really really like that sword's looks. Downward guard with trefoil piercings plus scent stopper pommel. The only thing stopping me from buying it when available is the non-historical hex-nut assembly.

Last edited by Antonio Lamadrid on Wed 15 Jul, 2009 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dan MacDonald

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Good news sonny

Will Gus be making the pommel and guard as well?

I purchased the Kriegschwert and the Bristol and I already own a Gus 1313. While I beleive the price for these sets is well worth it,(under four hundred for scabbard and sword) the Kriegschwert is not even close to the feel and handling of Gus's 1313. As for the guards on both swords (Bristol and Kreigscwert) they dont line up with the fuller very well on one side.

It is not my intention to insult these swords, as I said for the price they are nice, but to have the balance and handling of Gus made blades, and satin finnish would be awesome and if the guards line up perfect as well...... YES YES YES.

Maybey time to unload these and re-buy the reagal line. As for the 1313 , its a keeper

...Dan
Matthew G.M. Korenkiewicz

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Announcing new line after new line is all fine and exciting, but will these swords be
made as they are " pre-ordered / ordered " ? or is the plan to have them as consistant
in-stock items ready to ship ? I still haven't seen The Actium or Hedemark make an
appearance ...
Sonny Suttles
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The Actium had a few hickups in production but it will be on the next shipment along with the Hedemark and the Malatesta. Shortly after will be the balance of the Signature along with the Valhalla Warder.
The Castings for the Regal are the same castings as for the Signature, though they are hand finished one by one instead of the mass finish that they receive for the Signature line. These castings are straight. Any variation seen on the Signature sword is a variation on the Chinese made blade, certainly not something found on a Gus Trim made blade.
As for making these stock items.... As we prove the market for these we will make them stock items, never in large quantities but certainly a regular inventoried item.

We will do a side by side on the 2 versions of Kriegschwert. I believe the Signatures are a real value and fill a void in the production sword market. We wont be comparing side by side to point out deficiencies in the Signature model but to illustrate the real value of the Regal line. The Regal Collection swords are a just the next step up the ladder.
1 Christian Fletcher Custom or Prestige - The top of the line all work done by Gus and Christian
2 Regal Collection - Blade made by Gus, Design by Christian, production done by our Valiant Armoury craftsmen
3 Signature Collection - Blade and castings made in China, Production and leather done by our Valiant Armoury Craftsmen

It is a clear ladder each priced accordingly with real value found in every step.

Eventually all the Signature swords will be available in a Regal version. Any Signature sword that had already been release can be pre-ordered now in a Regal version. We didn't want to jump into full production of these because as I stated before, we wanted to prove the model.

Sonny

www.valiant-armoury.com
M. Eversberg II

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up.

M.

This space for rent or lease.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Adam S.

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thank you, Sonny. That answered all my questions.

Now where did I put that penny jar...
Keen Mark

PostPosted: Sun 02 Aug, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Put an order down for the Regal Bristol... can't wait for this to be released!

On a side-note, I asked Sonny if it was possible to to make the Regal Bristol with a Gus Trim hexnut assembly, and he said it was possible. Now... for people more knowledgeable on the subject... which method of construction is preferable on the Regals? Traditional permanent assembly with peened over pommel etc, or the Gus Trim method? Is there a reason why I should be going with - or NOT going with - the traditional construction method on my Regal Bristol, or is it just personal preference?
Adam S.

PostPosted: Sun 02 Aug, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Keen Mark wrote:

On a side-note, I asked Sonny if it was possible to to make the Regal Bristol with a Gus Trim hexnut assembly, and he said it was possible. Now... for people more knowledgeable on the subject... which method of construction is preferable on a 'higher end' semi custom blade? Traditional permanent assembly with peened over pommel etc, or the Gus Trim method? Is there a reason why I should be going with - or NOT going with - the traditional construction method on my Regal Bristol, or is it just personal preference?

There are several factors on both sides of the design argument.

A hex-nut assembly gives you the option of more easily disassembling your blade for cleaning, replacing parts, checking for internal damage, and the like. The disadvantages being that if you over tighten it you can either strip out the treads or cause the grip to crack. It is also not historical (Unless you're counting the late 1990s as your time period Wink )

The advantage to a peened assembly is that it's historically accurate, in most cases it's sturdier, and it gives a nice finish to the blade aesthetically. The disadvantages being that it is MUCH harder to disassemble if you get a bug to customize, if anything comes loose for any reason it's harder to identify and repair.

A well made piece in either category will serve you well for a good long time. You just have to know what you want. Happy

Hope that helped,
~Adam
Ed S.

PostPosted: Sun 02 Aug, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Adam S. wrote:
Keen Mark wrote:

On a side-note, I asked Sonny if it was possible to to make the Regal Bristol with a Gus Trim hexnut assembly, and he said it was possible. Now... for people more knowledgeable on the subject... which method of construction is preferable on a 'higher end' semi custom blade? Traditional permanent assembly with peened over pommel etc, or the Gus Trim method? Is there a reason why I should be going with - or NOT going with - the traditional construction method on my Regal Bristol, or is it just personal preference?

The disadvantages being that if you over tighten it you can either strip out the treads or cause the grip to crack. It is also not historical (Unless you're counting the late 1990s as your time period Wink )
~Adam

That is not completely true, I would direct you to this thread...
Adam S.

PostPosted: Sun 02 Aug, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ed S. wrote:
Adam S. wrote:

The disadvantages being that if you over tighten it you can either strip out the treads or cause the grip to crack. It is also not historical (Unless you're counting the late 1990s as your time period Wink )
~Adam

That is not completely true, I would direct you to this thread...

Actually Ed, I was speaking of the hex-nut assembly specifically. Sorry if that didn't come across. Big Grin

~Adam

Adam S. wrote:
A hex-nut assembly gives you the option of more easily disassembling your blade for cleaning, replacing parts, checking for internal damage, and the like. The disadvantages being that if you over tighten it you can either strip out the treads or cause the grip to crack. It is also not historical (Unless you're counting the late 1990s as your time period Wink )

qft

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New Regal Edition Kriegschwert
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic