Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Armor and training equipment (Trades welcome!)Removed Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
M. Eversberg II

Reading list: 3 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sat 15 Nov, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: For Sale: Armor and training equipment (Trades welcome!)         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I have a lot of things laying around that are nice to have, but I don't use them. As such, I figure I would pass them on the the esteemed members of mA. I am leaving MS I.33 sword and buckler for Longsword, as there are way more interested people near by, not to mention a lot more material written on the subject.

As such I am selling or trading both my practical knightly swords by Hanwei. Lucky for me, both of these were the good ones, and were not of poor construction. One has some slight damage on the grip, from use. It goes for 80USD. The other, less used one goes for 90USD. Their scabbards are not interchangeable, so to tell them apart I got them a belt and a balderic. The older one has a double wrap belt and the newer the balderic. They're free with the swords.

Two bucklers, both 12" diameter, are also for sale or trade. One is a steel buckler from Mercenaries Tailor. It is solidly constructed and has some denting on the edge from use. Originally sold for 88USD but I will let it go for 70USD. The other is a wooden one with metal boss from Crescent Moon. I paid 90USD for it, and originally planned to edge it with rawhide. I never quite got to it, so I will toss it in with the buckler if you want. It sells for 80USD.

If you buy one of the swords, and one of the bucklers, I will take 15USD off the price.

Also up for sale or trade is a two piece bracer from TMC. It's a great example of construction, solidly built and undamaged. I have one of his demi bracers that I use more, and better fits with my kit, so instead of it laying around I thought I'd try selling it again. I originally paid 86USD but I will let it go for a mere 50USD. It really is a great piece, but it's a shame I can't really use it right now (not to mention have room for it when I transfer to a new campus).

I will trade for several things. I am on the look out for longsword training equipment, functional daggers, and surprisingly a pair of the "steel and leather vambraces" from I think Windlass Steelcrafts (I think they would make a nice costume piece). I can do both trade AND pay, if you wish. I also entertain any other trades you might propose, too.

Payment can be handled by PayPal, though I would like it if you could add an extra 4% to cover their fee, cash, and money order (US cashable). SHIPPING can be done internationally, but keep in mind your local customs laws. Cost of shipping is based on package weight and your location.

Thanks,
M.

This space for rent or lease.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
M. Eversberg II

PostPosted: Sat 29 Nov, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

307 Bump

M.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
M. Eversberg II

PostPosted: Wed 03 Dec, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Price drop on a few things. The bucklers are 60 and 70 respectively, and the swords are now 60 and 70 respectively.

M.

M. Eversberg II

PostPosted: Sun 07 Dec, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nobody at least a tad interested?

M.

P. Cha

PostPosted: Mon 08 Dec, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Actually a question about the crescent moon buckler...Is it 12 inches or 14 since I saw a thread about you getting one and you mentioned it was 14. Also are some pics available?
M. Eversberg II

PostPosted: Mon 08 Dec, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It's the 12" one, if I said it was 14", that was probably a typo. Don't have any pics of my particular one handy, but I'm sure they've got some on their site.

It's also like 3/4" thick, very sturdy.

M.

P. Cha

PostPosted: Thu 11 Dec, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ah nuts, was more interested in a 14 inch...oh well. Can you get a picture of the handle/edge? I looked at their site and it only has head on pics. What is the handle construction of the crescent moon buckler?
Nathan Gilleland

PostPosted: Fri 12 Dec, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

PM sent

Seek Honor before Wealth,
Truth before Honor,
God Before all
M. Eversberg II

PostPosted: Sat 20 Dec, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

P. Cha wrote:
Ah nuts, was more interested in a 14 inch...oh well. Can you get a picture of the handle/edge? I looked at their site and it only has head on pics. What is the handle construction of the crescent moon buckler?

Sorry about the long wait on the reply, didn't see the question.

The handle on the Merc tailor one is of twisted metal design. It's irregular, so it's hand done. At first I thought it would be uncomfortable but I've never noticed any issue at all. The cresent moon one has a thicker wooden handle. It's smooth and very comfortable to handle.

If you're looking for a larger buckler, you might be suprised to note that most of them should be around 9" or 10" in diameter. Mine are pretty much the largest you should go unless you're in for a full shield.

Also, the older of the two swords are now sold.

M.

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Armor and training equipment (Trades welcome!)Removed
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic