Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: 14th century klappvisor bascinetSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 25 May, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: For Sale: 14th century klappvisor bascinet [SOLD]         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Commissioned this from an armorer named Bill Andrews with the intent of putting together a 14th century transitional harness. But I really, really want to put together a 15th century gothic harness. So, this helm, which I never even had time to make a liner for, let alone wear, is up for sale.

Would like $350, which is slightly cheaper than what I paid, plus you don't have to wait for it. I'll even pay for shipping. Bill's craftsmanship is very good, and the helm is nice and solid. 14 gauge mild steel, and the visor is removable. The visibility on this piece is excellent considering it's a closed visor design, and I have no problems with the ventilation. The visor sits firmly in place. The workmanship is very nice. Some hammer marks are still visible, but really are hardly worth mentioning. Not everything is absolutely 100% semetrical, but neither are period pieces. Besides which, anything on the helm that isn't perfect is barely noticable. There are pre-drilled holes to sew a period lining in (which is easy to make), and there are loops inside to put a chin strap on if so desired (though I've never seen a period one with a chin strap). I had the occularia made in such a way to prevent a sword tip from accidentally slipping through.

With the padding, it's supposed to fit my 23 1/2" head. Of course, I never made the padding, so I can't say for certain. Happy But I'm positive it'd be fine for a head that size, and could easily be adjusted, depending on the thickness of the padding you used.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/52149991/89378948nOhrAu

There are a lot of armor guys who'd be very interested in this on some of the armor forums, but I wanted to offer it here first, because there seem to be a lot of people interested in armor lately. If there isn't any interest soon, I'll post it on one of those sites.

(p.s. I mostly want money, so I can commission different armor... but a trade isn't out of the question, depending on the item... I may consider a trade + money as well.)
Steve Fabert

PostPosted: Wed 26 May, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Looks like an excellent piece of armor. Unfortunately I just bought one very similar to it, or I would probably buy it from you.
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed 26 May, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sold pending payment!

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: 14th century klappvisor bascinetSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic