Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Albion Duke and Squire Line Great Sword+ScabbardSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Alexander Ren

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 27 Jun, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Albion Duke and Squire Line Great Sword+Scabbard         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I am a broke college student who needs money, if anyone if wondering why I am selling both of these excellent swords.

Albion Duke with dark brown grip: $600 + Shipping/Handling Continental US Only

Albion Squire Line Late 13th Century Great Sword (Sharp) + Scabbard by Russ Ellis: $700 + $30 Riflecase + S/H CONUS

PM with questions.

Alex

Attachment: 14.55 KB
100_2078.jpg

Attachment: 12.78 KB
100_2077.jpg

Attachment: 14.81 KB
100_2079.jpg

"The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alexander Ren

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jun, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Pictures in previous post taken by Russ Ellis. I am attaching a few more I took myself.

Alex

Attachment: 86.23 KB
CIMG04262.JPG

Attachment: 89.16 KB
CIMG04272.JPG

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alexander Ren

PostPosted: Thu 03 Jul, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Price Drop:

$600 for Squire Line 13th Century Greatsword + scabbard + S/H

$500 for Next Gen Duke

Randy W

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jul, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

PM sent regarding sword, shipping and availability

Randy Westgate
Alexander Ren

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jul, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

My apologies for not doing this sooner I should have done this first when I posted these swords for sale, though I've been busy working on my thesis project.

On these swords condition:

The squire line 13th century great sword is in excellent condition. The secondary bevel along the edge from when it was sharpened by Russ Ellis is definitely noticeable but is even and does not hinder cutting of light targets such as water bottles and cardboard tubes. The hilt components have darkened a bit but I feel adds to the aesthetics of the sword. The hilt can easily be polished to brighten up though lately I have been practicing drills often both gloved and bare-handed and prefer the darkening to protect the hilt from active rust.

I received the Duke from third hand and at some point during one of its previous lives it received a series of very small nicks along one edge running for approximately 5inches starting about 2inches from the tip of the blade. These nicks did not detract from the appearance of the blade in my view when I saw them, I felt they added character and made this a more unique sword since many antiques also show similar signs of use. The nicks also have not hindered my cutting of light targets where I made sure to cute with both edges just to make sure. The Duke also has darkened hilt furniture which could be easily polished off for display purposes.

I have had one person for who the nicks in the Duke's blade was an issue. Because of this I took a few strokes today with a wet sharpening stone along the affected edge to remove all of the smaller nicks and significantly reduce the remaining ones.

The size limits of this site prevent me from posting the size pictures I took to show the affected area and compare before and after. If anyone is interested, please pm me with and email address and I can send them to you.

Again my apologies for not describing the condition of these swords sooner. I meant no deception on their condition, I have just been too busy with school. I did send pictures before repairing the blade to two parties who asked about the condition of the swords so if either of you wish to see a before and after comparison please let me know.

Thanks for your understanding,
Alex

Alexander Ren

PostPosted: Thu 10 Jul, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Both swords are pending.

Alexander Ren

PostPosted: Tue 15 Jul, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Both swords have been sold.

Steven Janus

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jul, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I can see why poeple like Albion now! I still think some of the prices are bit ridiculous but they are very solidly constructed. i think the sharpenning could have been a good deal better. I coudl not cut water bottles with it but milk jugs were easy. Granted I do not have good form but this is one tough blade and handels very well for a sword of its type. Wouldn't use it one handed but two handed it moves as it should. Not too heavy and not to light, super tappering! The pommel has some rust spots on it but it can be polished out. Thanks Alex!

Newbie Sword collector

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Albion Duke and Squire Line Great Sword+ScabbardSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic