Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Highly Customized AT1433, ScabbardRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jon Butcher

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 31 May, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: For Sale: Highly Customized AT1433, Scabbard         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

For Sale: Highly Customized AT1433,Scabbard

A recent [ but thankfully non-fatal ] accident has left me unable to enjoy one of my favorite endeavours, that of tatimi mat cutting with fine and quality swords. Because of this I am selling one of my most prized possessions, that being this highly customized ATRIM/ ASA Swordworks AT1433 broad sword and scabbard. In addition to the custom leather-wrapped handle and cross guard, the sword features a polished blade and some very impressive engraving by Tom Carr, well known to these pages.

STATS:

Blade Construction: 5160 Tempered Steel
Weight: 3lbs 3oz
Total Length: 45"
Blade Length: 34 3/4"
Blade Width at Base: 2 3/8"
PoB From Hand: 5 1/2"
CoP from Cross: 23"
Handle Length: 8"
Hilt length from Cross: 10 1/2"
Cross Type: Classic Cross
Cross Width: 8"

Background:

The Type XVIa AT1433 is a proper War Sword by any definition; powerful and formidable, and yet with a surprising agility for its size that makes it a force to be reckoned with.
This highly customized AT 1433 came to me through ASA Swordworks [ thanks, guys !!] , complete with a Christian Fletcher made custom scabbard and sword belt which is dyed an oxblood colour. The sword blade received additional blade polishing from its original satin by ASA .
The pommel cross engraving and old Latin blade slogans were concieved and created by Tom, and are perfectly realized. [ Can anyone translate ?] Those familiar with Tom already know about his wealth of knowledge when it comes to sword history and his skill for this type of work.

Performance-

Balance of the 1433 to be optimized for the cut, but it still is very easy to thrust. It handles better with two hands, but can be used with one without any real difficulty. All cuts are clean, with almost no over-travel. The wide blade is slightly thicker than some other ATrims, and is stiffer than most to be able to stay straight for the thrust. It does this without taking anything away from the cut, and the blade edges are EXTREMELY sharp. This is an efficient cutter, and I have personally cut four [4] single roll tatimi mats with the blade passing through without slowing down.

Summation

This is an impressive sword and scabbard/ suspension system, both exhibiting some serious artistry and craftsmanship. The additional embellishments by Tom, which were done for a History Channel documentary production, really complete an already impressive package. In hand the sword is light and lively, yet capable of devestating cuts. For detailed pictures go here;

http://web.mac.com/jonbutcher2/iWeb/Site/Cust...T1433.html

Price is 1150.00, US Postal MO preferred, PayPal +3% also ok. Shipping to take place within 12 hrs of receiving payment. Forward all inquiries by PM, all email responded to quickly.
jon.butcher@comcast.net
Thanks for looking.

Attachment: 25.67 KB
100_0758.jpg

Jon Butcher

PostPosted: Wed 31 May, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Customized AT1433         Reply with quote

Pic# 2

Attachment: 33.38 KB
100_0745.jpg

Sandro A

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jun, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello, I'm new here and I hope not making a mistake answering to a post in the marketplace...
First, I wish you a fast and complete recover from your accident
Second, if my high school latin is still worth a cent, I would translate the engraving as: "Glory (is the) shadow of virtue"
If someone else has a better translation, is welcome.
bye

Don't drink when hammering or your flutings will get from gothic to liberty

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Highly Customized AT1433, ScabbardRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic