Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: 1940's-1960's Phillipine talibong knifeRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Dave Womble

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 13 Feb, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: For Sale: 1940's-1960's Phillipine talibong knife         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I've had this for awhile now, and didn't know much about it. I sent a few pics over to Hal Siegel of Therionarms, and he told me it's from the 1940s to 60s...he couldnt narrow down the date further, or the location of its manufacture, but said it was likely a piece done for the tourist trade.

overall length is about 20 and 3/4" long, blade length is just a bit under 16", about an inch and a half wide at its widest point. The hilt is a carved anthopomorphic face and head in some sort of black wood. There's a grooved aluminum bolster where the tang enters the handle. The spine of the blade is about 4 mm thick.

The blade is steel, with a lot of oxidation, pitting (doesnt seem too deep) and what looks like grind marks. I have no idea how well it would clean up in the hands of an experienced enthusiast.

The scabbard is a beautiful piece of art in its own right. Carved from the same black wood as the handle, it's just under 17" long, 3/4' wide at its widest point, has recessed and raised carvings throughout its length. The carvings are only located on the outsdie facing fo the scabbard. Its constructed of 2 halves nailed together with 8 nails or tacks/rivets.

My digital camera sucks pretty bad, so I apologize for the quality of the images, they're the best I can do. I've since gotten a new PC that doesnt jive with my 7-8 year old camera.

Attachment: 22.76 KB
3.JPG

Attachment: 25.46 KB
5.JPG

Attachment: 106.9 KB
6.JPG

Attachment: 95.18 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 74.63 KB
[ Download ]

"Violence might not be the answer, but it sure cuts down on the number of questions."
Dave Womble

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 13 Feb, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Oops, forgot to mention asking price:

$40 plus $5 Priority mail anywhere in the US.

Dave

"Violence might not be the answer, but it sure cuts down on the number of questions."

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: 1940's-1960's Phillipine talibong knifeRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic