Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: WWII Era Japanese Nihonto (Tokyo Pref)Removed Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Parker D.

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 27 Jan, 2023 10:09 am    Post subject: WWII Era Japanese Nihonto (Tokyo Pref)         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

So I bought a nihonto (a Japanese sword from Japan) a while ago that I may be willing to let go of if someone is interested (Still have the original Jo-“certification” from the Japanese government) that I bought from a dealer in Tokyo (who verified himself that in-fact it is a nihonto). Still remember having to wait for it to pass inspection by the government lol, anyways. I bought it from him directly in a shirasaya but changed it to my own sort of koshirae for display. Most would consider the koshirae not the best so might want to consider buying your own, but the sword itself has been of course well taken care of and is in beautiful shape ,near pristine, has a very very small sort of nick near the side of the Yokote line. It’s a katana and a bit more on the smaller side but has a beautiful sori and hamon, I mean really good, to it. The saya was hand lacquered in a special way with traditional Urushi to give it a tree pattern. It has a gorgeous pine tree tsuba to go with the theme I paid a long while ago $375 for, it was sold to me as edo and looks part. Tsuka is hand dyed green ito I had made in Japan by a specialty shop, the tsukamaki is meant to look sort of wild, but clean, simple copper I believe Fuchi/Kashira. Cheap aftermarket seppas since my local custom shop went down. The grip is pretty solid in tightness but the tsuba is not, which doesn’t matter to me since it was a display sword anyway and was of course never once used not even on paper.The sword itself in the shirasaya was being sold to me at $2900, it is one of the most gorgeous nihonto I have seen for so low, pictures do not do it justice whatsoever, and speaking of pictures, you will have to email me if you want some since I can’t get any on here at parkerspass1@gmail.com. But anyways it’s just been sitting on its stand in a climate controlled room for a while and hate to let it go but may. But if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask and preferably email me for contact.

So the scoop, I would let it go for $1850, so practically giving it away, through PayPal friends and family, and that’s with the premium shipping option.

Just looking to see if anyone might be interested.
Lower 48 only, sorry EU and no returns.
So anyways thanks for looking.
Parker D.

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 30 Jan, 2023 9:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Removed

No longer selling.

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: WWII Era Japanese Nihonto (Tokyo Pref)Removed
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic