Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Custom Widow's Wail GOT SwordRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jesse Southwick

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 14 Feb, 2023 8:32 am    Post subject: Custom Widow's Wail GOT Sword         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Hey everyone, this is the piece I had the hardest time debating about selling, but unfortunately I think I have to... This is the nicest sword in my collection probably and a piece that I worked with Purna on for a few months. I can say for certain that this is a beautiful sword, and easily the best Widow's Wail replica that exists on the market. The steel is 5160, the sword is peened, and very sharp. The guard and pommel are polished brass and very detailed. The stone in the middle of the guard is amber, the pommel has red beads and opals added, along with a red stone at the bottom of the pommel that has been peened over. Grip is made of real buffalo horn that is cut down and made into a spiral shape. I decided to make this change from the original as I thought it would fit the scabbard that we went with better. The guard has a stag on it, leading into the Lannister symbol on the throat of the scabbard. Scabbard is made of a wooden core, wrapped with black leather over it with brass fittings on the throat and chape. Integrated belt is made of red leather and should definitely be able to be worn. The blade itself features a very thin fuller like the original and isn't too weighty or overbuilt. I would never be selling this sword if I didn't need the funds. I had a blast making the design work the way I wanted it and Purna was very communicative over the process. He did a wonderful job on this sword and I heavily recommend his work. (Also the blade is thick enough to have a good flex to it and not be overly stiff or overly flexible)

Asking $980 shipped in the CONUS, cost me $1350 to have made.

Pictures: drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_k1zvR38pp4JcbQxNwI8E6zzT8eA41BN?usp=sharing

Weight: 2.7 lbs
Overall Length: 39 inches
Blade Length: 32 inches
Width: 55.2 mm
Grip Length: 4 1/4 inches
Grip Width: 1.5 inches at the top tapering to 1.25 at the bottom.
Guard Width: 7 1/2 inches
Pommel Width: 2 inches
Blade Thickness: 6mm thick in the guard tapering to 3mm at the tip
[/size]
If you have any questions or are interested in it PM me Happy[/size]

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Custom Widow's Wail GOT SwordRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic