Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale or Trade: Frostrune For Sale: Nils Anderson/Jake Powning CollaborationSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jeffery Wood

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 01 May, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject: Frostrune For Sale: Nils Anderson/Jake Powning Collaboration         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Price: $2,000 Cash or $3000 trade (for sword/s)

Or

$1000-$1200 cash the rest trade for $1200-$1500 in sword trades. I hope that’s not too confusing. In a million words or less, I’m flexible when it comes to deals. I just need some cash at least. 

Weight: 2 lbs, 1oz (approximately. Using my home scale came out to this after several averages of very close measurement. Not sure how precise that is but I’m sure it’s not over).
CoB: 4 ¾“ (12 cm)
CoP: 16’’ (40.64 cm)
OAL: 34 ¾‘’ (88.27 cm)
Blade: 29.0’’ (73.66 cm)
Base Width: 2 ¼“ (5.72 cm)
Hilt: 3 ½’’ (8.58 cm) Measured from the bottom guard to pommel hand surface.
Entire guard from
blade side of guard to tip
of pommel
: 5 ¾’’ (14.6 cm)
Distal Taper: Absolutely distal taper. Too thin to measure with my non-specialty tools but there is distal taper and the blade geometry is wide and thin but also fairly stiff in the thrust. Will be an amazing cutter of mats and politicians everywhere!

Up for sale is likely my most expensive piece in my collection to date that’s in my possession. Though I’ve got several commissions in the works this year. This one of a kind, custom sword was artistically created by Jake Powning. Then he and Nils Andersson collaborated on it. I know Nils did the blade forging and maybe complete final assembly of the hilt, guard etc (maybe all of it but the drawing). But I think Jake also did the wax carving for the pommel, guard and oak bog wood handle carvings. But then again, perhaps Nils did all of it. I really don’t know to be exact. But they’re both, as you know, or will learn, perfectionists and very talented, as you can see by this fine piece.

I've also included a link to the Videogame Developer page that of the Game Frostrune that Nils helped/developed and this sword was made as part of their Public Relations grand opening Splash. Blade smith Stuart Anthony Smith (South Africa) won the raffle and he sold it to me several months ago.

This sword feels amazing in the hands and only comes out when episodes of The Last Kingdom and Vikings is on, lol. Well maybe evey other episode. Then I oil and put it away again. It has good edge alignment in the hand. No, I’ve not cut with it, but the swords I cut with tell me this would be as good or better than them if sharpened. But I’ll never know for certain, cause now it’s yours.

Here’s the FB WIP Page without the Patreon Charge : https://www.facebook.com/grimnirmedia/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1195034423912675

I paid a small fortune ($300) to ship it safely in its gun case from South Africa to Los Angeles. It’s in perfect shape as it’s spent its short life in a gun case. The blade is very finely ground but is NOT SHARPENED completely. But it wouldn’t take much to put a razor’s edge on it. It has not been cut with by me, and I’m sure Anthony didn’t either. If he did, I can see no evidence of it.

I’ve included pics from the website to show how it looks with professional pics, and also my home pics I took yesterday. The bronze is now a beautiful patina, not bright as on these pics, however I took a few yesterday and perhaps it’s solely a lighting thing. But the blade is pristine and, as you would expect, perfectly balanced and put together. Just feels great. I bought this to learn more about these European swords. I’ve studied it enough.

I’d like to get some cash out of this to buy something else; however I’m open to partial trades. I’d like to get a $1000-$1200 (at least) in cash. The rest can be trade for a higher end semi-custom Albion, Angus etc.… I’m also interested in customs from the European blade smiths like Ancient Forge, In Carius, Swordmaker or something comparable. But if all you got are trades and really want this, let me know. Maybe I can do full trade for something else I can sell as easy. I’m just trying to finish up a commission to help one of my smiths out during this time. So I don’t need all the cash but I’ll not refuse it either.

The sword does not come with a scabbard but will arrive in the pictured gun case, as I got it from Mr. Stuart Anthony Smith.

Pics included are the original artwork and recent pics (they’re obvious) yesterday in my home with my phone camera. 
Thanks for looking and don’t hesitate to ask. If I don’t know, maybe you can ask Anthony, Nils or Jake (if they are responsive).

If you live in So Cal, and want to come by and check it out, let me know.

Thanks Guys

Attachment: 33.93 KB
16665799_1276386919110758_263139571950743499_o (1).jpg

Attachment: 24.25 KB
16715951_1276386912444092_987456936214954743_o.jpg

Attachment: 3.22 KB
TYRVING.jpg

Attachment: 49.96 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 265.03 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 224.03 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 277.92 KB
[ Download ]
Jeffery Wood

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 04 May, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject: SOLD!!!         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Sword is sold! Thanks!

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale or Trade: Frostrune For Sale: Nils Anderson/Jake Powning CollaborationSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic