Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Tod's Workshop 15th century Rothenburg ballock daggerSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

Reading list: 327 books

Spotlight topics: 32

Feedback score: 100%
(12 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 04 Mar, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject: Tod's Workshop 15th century Rothenburg ballock dagger         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Tod's Workshop15th century Rothenburg ballock dagger
Original: Northern Italian (Venetian?), circa 1450

Need to raise some cash. Help me out.

This is a super accurate custom version of a ballock dagger housed in the Rothenburg Collection, Germany made by Tod's Workshop. He's made several daggers with similar hilt fittings, but this project was an attempt to make it look like the original in every detail, including a cut-out pommel plate with sterling silver plate peeking through and the complex blade geometry of the original. We opted to include a period-correct scabbard for the piece to complete the kit.

The blade is a square cross-section that shifts 45 degrees at the tip section and has a stepped ricasso area with fullers. The grip is ebonized elm wood sealed with beeswax. The inscription on the pommel cap reads, DEXTERA DOMINI FECIT VIRTUTEM (The right hand of the Lord hath wrought strength). The fittings are bronze and there is a silver plate under the decorative pommel cap. The scabbard has a four-sided wooden core and has incised decorations on its black leather outer covering with a large bronze chape balancing everything out.

Click any photo to see a full-sized version

Tod tells me he would charge £750-800 for this dagger now. That is $965-$1030. I'm not even sure if that includes this more complex scabbard, but I'll try to make a deal and get a quick sale so here goes:

ASKING PRICE: $850 or best offer + shipping

I prefer PayPal. Add 3.5% mark-up to offset PayPal fee if not paid through "friends and family".

Questions or comments can be Private Messaged to me here on myArmoury.com or via email.

Based on this original:

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Tod's Workshop 15th century Rothenburg ballock daggerSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic