Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Tod's Workshop Landsknecht DaggerSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

Reading list: 327 books

Spotlight topics: 32

Feedback score: 100%
(12 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Mon 18 Nov, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Tod's Workshop Landsknecht Dagger         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Tod's Workshop Landsknecht Dagger
Original: Circa 1510-20

I saw on an antique Landsknecht dagger, found at the Hermann Historica auction house and had Tod from Tod's Workshop create a dagger based on it. I've had this piece for years but it's time for me to raise some money for other parts of life.

The piece featured here has a hand-forged hollow-ground flattened diamond cross-section. It's a very substantial blade, having a spine that is 8mm thick nearest the hilt. The grip is made of hand-turned pear tree wood that has been soaked in linseed oil. The horizontal ribbing gives the appearance of thick stacked rings. It has been left uncovered and is extremely comfortable in the hand and very attractive.

The guard has been cut and filed from a solid piece of brass. It has a single side ring with deep roped detail and two smaller quillons branching back from it. The pommel cap has scalloped edges rolled over the grip's end and is etched with fine lines emanating from the tang button.

The scabbard is made from two layers of leather and is dyed a dark muted red color. Its fittings are designed to complement the dagger's features and have roped edge details and a decorative roped ball as a finial. A single ring is attached to the back as a mounting point for wearing.

Measurements and Specifications:

Overall length: 13.625"
Weight: 7 ounces
Blade: 8.625" long; 1.125" wide tapering to .5"
Hilt length: 5"

See my collection page for more details of this piece.

Tod now makes daggers like this one but the hilts are cast from molds of this original creation. The current pricing is quite a bit higher (around $670 US) than what I'm asking here and I paid a lot more. This one was hand-crafted from a piece of brass rather than cast, is more detailed, and has a thick hollow-ground blade with a high-grade polished.

ASKING PRICE: $580 or best offer + shipping

I prefer PayPal. Add 3% mark-up to offset PayPal fee.

Questions or comments can be Private Messaged to me here on myArmoury.com or via email.

This piece was based on this antique dagger, circa 1510-20:

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

Reading list: 327 books

Spotlight topics: 32

Feedback score: 100%
(12 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 31 Jan, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

ASKING PRICE: $530 or best offer + shipping

I prefer PayPal. Add 3% mark-up to offset PayPal fee unless paid "friends and family"

Questions or comments can be Private Messaged to me here on myArmoury.com or via email.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Tod's Workshop Landsknecht DaggerSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic