Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Albion RegentSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Adam James

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sun 22 Oct, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Albion Regent         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

For Sale is an Albion Regent in like new/unused condition. This sword has never been used for cutting. The grip still retains a somewhat matte finish.
The grip color is pretty amazing. I think I was able to capture it fairly accurately in one of the photos. Technically its Albion Oxblood, but it's really more a... Campaign Russet? Whatever color it is it is probably my favorite grip color on any sword I've owned. Also I have seen more subtle variations on the Regent grip than I think any other model. This one has an elegant curve on the waisted portion of the handle that accentuates the overall aesthetic. I prefer it to the (slightly) chunkier waist as It is more comfortable to me although this is purely a matter of preference.

PLEASE READ
: In the pictures I have included 2 photos of both sides of the last 3" of the tip. There is a very slight "warbble" in the central ridge that creates an asymmetry that is not immediately noticeable but is absolutely there. It is very subtle and If you are going to actually use this miracle of a weapon for cutting, etc. then I doubt you'd give a damn, however for a collector It could be problematic. It is something I only became aware of over time. Also there are very faint traces of the burnisher on the bevels of the cross, however they are consistent and symmetrical so it doesn't really stand out unless you hold it in the right light. So there you have it. I will not put a sword on the market without disclosing an idiosyncrasy. I've been burned a couple of times by "omissions" and I feel very strongly about honesty in the descriptions.

Price including Paypal and Shipping to CONUS (only; sorry...) : $1280.00

Now Just a few words about the Regent...

If there is one thing everyone seems to agree on it's that Albion's Svante sword handles like nothing else and that it "floats" in the hand. I have never handled one so I can't say although there is very little doubt it is true. Now I do have both the Regent and the Earl and they couldn't be more different. The Earl feels and performs exactly as you'd expect- Big blade presence and devastating cutter, but the Regent is another thing entirely... My very first impression of it was and still is that, quite frankly, it "floats". I still can't figure out how it seems to weigh about half as much as another sword with the exact same blade. And it's not just static weight. It is weight in motion... its is poetry in motion.

just thoughts..

PM me with questions. Thanks- Adam

Attachment: 237.99 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 250.59 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 153.6 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 117.66 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 112.45 KB
[ Download ]