Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Raised skull late 16c burgonet w/ grill slot buffeRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Dana S

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 24 Feb, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Raised skull late 16c burgonet w/ grill slot buffe         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Looking to sell my late 16th century tri-ridge burgonet with locking falling buffe. Made from 2 raised and welded halves with 2 fluted ridges and 1 welded center ridge and visor. skull is made of 12 gauge mild steel and the buffe is made of 14 gauge mild. The buffe attaches to the skull via a pin system making the gap almost non existant which makes this helmet extremely safe. Never been used at all. The buffe can be lowered via push locking system and is very secure. Any red spots inside or under the visor is just a coat of anti-rust paint in burgundy, there is no rust on this helmet. Made by maxim suprovich of ukraine.

Currently there is a 6-7 oz thick leather suspension liner installed (which is not installed at great angle right now, would need some adjustment), this helmet was made for a 23" head WITH padding (light padded arming cap) on it already or 21.5 inches without padding and it fits fine, i believe this helmet could easily use a thinner leather suspension liner to accompany a thicker arming cap or have it removed completely and just use padding. I put it on with an arming cap that made my head 24" and it was very tight but if the liner was removed it would be fine. If you like to have your helmets fitting snug then if you are in this upper range it should be good for you. Nice thing about this helmet is that it can be used for any activity really. If using for rapier or c&t it would be able to accomodate up to a 24 inch head.

I'm asking 750 USD + shipping from Canada.

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Raised skull late 16c burgonet w/ grill slot buffeRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic