Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Whch one Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ronald M

PostPosted: Mon 12 Oct, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Whch one         Reply with quote

https://www.reliks.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=2020
https://www.reliks.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=2169
im lookin at the 2nd one mostly cause of the threaded pommel... no seriously tho i am

smiley face 123? no? lol yeah well im here cause i like...swords and weapons and stuff obv
Edward Lee

PostPosted: Mon 12 Oct, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I owned both swords before, but mine was called windlass longsword instead of sword of Roven, so it might have been a different model.

I like the looks of the 15th century longsword, but the wire half grip on my was pretty badly wrapped, I had to re wrap it. The blade was somewhat whippy like most of windlass long blade does. I didn't have it sharpened so I don't know how well it cuts.

You might want to take a look at the hanwei tinker line as well. Be sure to buy some hex nuts just in case.
Ronald M

PostPosted: Mon 12 Oct, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Edward Lee wrote:
I owned both swords before, but mine was called windlass longsword instead of sword of Roven, so it might have been a different model.

I like the looks of the 15th century longsword, but the wire half grip on my was pretty badly wrapped, I had to re wrap it. The blade was somewhat whippy like most of windlass long blade does. I didn't have it sharpened so I don't know how well it cuts.

You might want to take a look at the hanwei tinker line as well. Be sure to buy some hex nuts just in case.

do you know any below that price in cad?

smiley face 123? no? lol yeah well im here cause i like...swords and weapons and stuff obv
Edward Lee

PostPosted: Mon 12 Oct, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

If you buy from Kult of Athena, they have great price. They are not in Canada but they can certainly ship to Canada.
Ronald M

PostPosted: Mon 12 Oct, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Edward Lee wrote:
If you buy from Kult of Athena, they have great price. They are not in Canada but they can certainly ship to Canada.

but usd to cad is kinda hard to afford like something thats 200 usd is 260 cad

Kelvin Stenson

PostPosted: Tue 13 Oct, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The exchange rate is certainly putting a damper on cross border shopping, but the shipping rates are a bit of a shock as well, had a quick look at KoA and shipping is going to cost between $70 to $110 CAD, where shipping from Reliks will only cost us canuks $30 to $50 CAD for a similar sized sword.
Henry R. Gower

PostPosted: Tue 13 Oct, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Which one?         Reply with quote

I am seriously thinking of buying the same one you are partial to. It has a certain "sexy" look to it. But you know, I'm the guy that always places aesthetics before all other considerations, to the annoyance of a few of my colleagues. But that's OK. Vive la difference !

Henry
Ronald M

PostPosted: Tue 13 Oct, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Which one?         Reply with quote

Henry R. Gower wrote:
I am seriously thinking of buying the same one you are partial to. It has a certain "sexy" look to it. But you know, I'm the guy that always places aesthetics before all other considerations, to the annoyance of a few of my colleagues. But that's OK. Vive la difference !

Henry

hehehe im kinda similar

Luka Borscak

PostPosted: Wed 14 Oct, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I was quite happy with the 15th century longsword while I had it. On the other hand, I would like to try out Roven/Longsword, I hear it's a serious warsword.
Gottfried P. Doerler

PostPosted: Thu 15 Oct, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Kelvin Stenson wrote:
The exchange rate is certainly putting a damper on cross border shopping, but the shipping rates are a bit of a shock as well, had a quick look at KoA and shipping is going to cost between $70 to $110 CAD, where shipping from Reliks will only cost us canuks $30 to $50 CAD for a similar sized sword.

i had the same unpleasant experience this august.
i wanted a hanwei practical pro katana from KoA, ~ 380 USD = ~ 340 EUR, so no big deal i thought.
quickly passed through ordering routine, it got delivered in 3 weeks, but what i did not think of, was the additional costs.
in the end had to pay an extra ~170 EUR for shipment and customs.
(which was no problem on the one hand, but on the other hand, i thought, for this money i could get a whole sword from fabri armorum or armory marek... Worried )

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Whch one
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic