Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > My visit to A&A Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Mark Moore

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jul, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'd love to see what's in the trash can at Albion. Laughing Out Loud ........McM
''Life is like a box of chocolates...'' --- F. Gump
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jul, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Chad's Visit         Reply with quote

Hi All

Thank you for the compliments for the shop. It was fun having Chad visit and we had a good time talking swords, the Buis and catching up on personal stuff. Its always good for the soul to talk with folks who have been around a bit. When we reflect back on where we all started and how good a journey it has been, it makes you feel like we have all done a bit of good over the years. While it has not been all cream puffs and lollypops its still some of the best folks to hang around with and work for.

Here is a pic of Chad Happy

He is holding another massive sword Ian made. This one has a very aged crusted finish. He is posing below or beloved velvet Elvis behind the boxes.

While we definitely could use a janitor we pretty much clean up after ourselves. This day it was particular clean usually it looks more like my office which is a heaped mess.

Chad was lucky enough to spend several hours and we got to go to lunch. We would have invited you all but it was a small pub.

One clarification is that Chris did the Custom gold platted Rondel but Josh did the elegant scabbard. Much of what we do in shop is a collaborative effort, we all work together to get stuff out that folks like.

I hope to have some more of our custom stuff on the web soon. Chad and I where actually discussing how to go about it. I do have quite a bit to put up, so watch for that on the web page and facebook.

As to the proto/personal/oops bucket. I fear most of that stuff we would not sell mostly for sentimental reasons. But thanks for all the requests to take it off our hands Happy I did also update the A&A news and had put the two-hander on the muster page but that sold this morning.

I will try to post a random shop shot once in a while in future.

Everybody have a great day!

Craig
Matthew G.M. Korenkiewicz

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jul, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

... pretty cool. I always enjoy these kinda threads where you're getting to, as it were,
peek in the windows of a business' or maker's workshop, and get a look at works
in progress progress, finished pieces, ideas on the lamb, etc etc ...

Kinda like that one scene in A Christmas Story where the chillun all press
their faces to the glass windows of their favorite toy shop, fogging things up while
droolin' in the cold ...

Ok, maybe they weren't droolin' ...

B-)
Mike Capanelli

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jul, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oh my! That you for the pictures Chad. I really enjoyed viewing them.

That bucket......Any plans for a bucket sale? I can drive down and clean it out for you guys......just sayin'.

Winter is coming
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jul, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Chad's Visit         Reply with quote

Craig Johnson wrote:
Hi All

As to the proto/personal/oops bucket. I fear most of that stuff we would not sell mostly for sentimental reasons. But thanks for all the requests to take it off our hands Happy I did also update the A&A news and had put the two-hander on the muster page but that sold this morning.

I will try to post a random shop shot once in a while in future.

Everybody have a great day!

Craig

Well, the axe in the OOOPS bucket looks very interesting Wink Big Grin ....... but I can understand wanting to keep some things for sentimental reasons, and others with flaws not sold due to quality control issues, or simply not wanting to sell anything not up to your normal standards, or unfinished, as some experimental work could be.

Note for those wishing they got to the really huge sword before it got sold, I did a little statistics comparison and the !5th Century Two Hander has a longer blade by a fraction of an inch than the huge custom one that was just purchased, the custom sword does have an even longer handle than the very long handle on the 15th Century Two Hander giving it a longer total length.

http://www.arms-n-armor.com/sword156.html

Mentioning this as I purchased the 15th Century Two Hander from A&A some years ago and it's still one of my favourite swords, and only a bit smaller than my Del Tin Venetian Two Hander: Anyway the A&A two hander is a " GREAT-SWORD " in both senses of the word, I highly recommend the !5th Century Two Hander as it handles really well for such a huge sword, and is really scary impressive up close.

Nice to see the shop, and it does give me the " drooling effect " and envious of Chad having a nice long visit and time for lunch with you guys.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Mark Mattimore

Reading list: 41 books

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jul, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Cool trip! Love the pics.
Color me jealous.

In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro.
Christopher Gregg

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Thu 10 Jul, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad, thank for the pics of your trip to A & A. It's been fun looking around their studio seeing tools, projects and the oops barrel! Craig, thank you, Chris, Ian and the rest for everything you do. It DOES make a difference to a great many of us on myArmoury, I feel certain. I recently purchased the custom scramasax from the Arms and Armor booth at Bristol Renaissance Faire, and it is wonderful! I'll try to post pics by this weekend. Hope I can meet up with some of my forumite friends this year - it's been too long!
Christopher Gregg

'S Rioghal Mo Dhream!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > My visit to A&A
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: