Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Customized Windlass "300" Spartan Sword for $150SOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Chris Peroni

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 18 Dec, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Customized Windlass "300" Spartan Sword         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Asking $150 us funds plus actual shipping using CanPost. Prefer to ship to Canada or USA but we can discuss other options if interested.

I love this sword but never get around to handling it much, so I'm figuring maybe I can sell it for some quick xmas cash.

Personally I think I've added to it with the re-grip, sharpening and weathered/pitted look, hence I'm asking the same price it goes for at Kult of Athena, which in fact is cheaper than I paid for it. Original box and scabbard included.

There is one tiny (1mm) nick on the blade which doesn't show up on pics - very minor but of course I will mention it.

-----

Here's a little bit on the customizing I've done for it:

My Windlass Spartan 300 out of the box:

Did several applications of hot peroxide/salt to stain and pit the steel. The hilt metal did not react as strongly to the solution as the blade did. On the blade I started by taping off the edge, then I decided to remove the tape for the last couple washes and pit the whole blade; hence the line across 1/2" in from the edge.

Rewrapped the grip. Pulled off the cheap leather wrap which was very slick and did not feel good in hand. Left the wood core, however as the original grip was too small for my liking I added strips of leather to the edge-side to give it a "D" shape. Added three risers and cord underwrap, then covered in 2oz veg tan. Dyed with a home mixed oxblood, gave a coat of acrylic and then mineral oil/wax mix to seal.

Buffed the blade with a scotchbrite pad and mothers then cleaned it with windex. Sharpened the edge using my belt sander. Started with 100 grit on the blunt edge, then 20 micron, 15, 9 and finished with a leather strop and green compound.

[youtube]xY-24ENPYxc[/youtube]
Chris Peroni

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sun 29 Dec, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: now with free shipping to Canada or continental USA         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Reduced to free shipping for Canada or continental USA. That's a $25 savings

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Customized Windlass "300" Spartan Sword for $150SOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic