Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Del tin 15th C Hand-and-a-half - UK OnlySOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jul, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: For Sale: Del tin 15th C Hand-and-a-half - UK Only         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Hi All,

Up for sale is Del Tin’s 15th C hand-and-a-half (5157).

When the Royal Armouries had a bit of a renovation a few years ago, they fastened a few weapons to the walls to encourage visitor participation: you can touch and feel what a ‘real’ sword felt like. This Del tin is one of those swords, and it’s the sword which drew me over from Eastern to Western arms and armour. As such, I’m very sad to see it go.

Specs can be found on Del tin’s website. I ordered thius straight from Del tin, so it’s pretty much as new.There a few casting pits in the furniture, as is usual with Del tins. The edge is the usual butter-knife knife <1mm sharp. Hasn’t been sharpened beyond this, so there are no scratches or file-marks to worry about. The tip is a little rounded, but 5 minutes with a dremmel would make it pointy if you wanted it to be. The wire wrap is very well done, and sanded down so it doesn’t hurt the hands at all. The furniture is all solid, and I’ve just given the whole sword a good once-over with a fine grit sanding pad, so the lacquer has been taken off and it’s all nice and shiny!

Brand new from Del tin, these would cost around £320 plus postage and a 3-month wait. I’m letting this go for £280 including postage.

This price is firm because, as I said, I’d be sad to see it go and if it doesn’t sell, I’m more than happy to keep it!

I accept payment by cash, cheque, or bank transfer. Paypal is also an option, but add 3% for fees.

Pm or e-mail me at a.mercer@leeds.ac.uk if you’re interested

Cheers for looking,

Ant
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jul, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

SOLD pending funds

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Del tin 15th C Hand-and-a-half - UK OnlySOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic