myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Albion SwordRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Hadrian Coffin
Industry Professional

Feedback score: 100%
(2 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 21 Dec, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Albion Sword         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Hello,

I have for sale an Albion Ritter, in box in new condition. It has a wonderful cocked hat pommel and black grip. I have never cut with this sword or used it in any way. The blade is crisp, clean, and sharp. The Ritter is a wonderful example of an Oakeshott type XI. It is an amazing sword to behold, rugged yet with an austere flair. The sword is broad but fairly light, gliding smoothly through guards in I:33, while still stout enough for sweeping blows delivered on horseback. This sword should slice through foam noodles, tatami, and plastic milk jugs like butter. The guard and pommel are exceptionally beautiful, examples of Albion's artistic talent at swordmaking. The fuller on this piece runs crisply down the length of the blade with no swelling or wandering. An essential addition to any sword collection.

From Albion's website:
"This is a sword with distinct German flavour of a style that was popular in the first half of the 13th C.
It has a long and handsome blade with a short point section, clearly dedicated to the cut, as was favored in areas under German influence.
The fuller is rather narrow, which might classify it as a type XI according to Oakeshott´s typology, but this is one of those swords that fall a bit outside the norm in this typological system.
The sword is inspired by an original in Museum für Deutsche Geschichte, Berlin and shares the same style of hilt.
The pommel is of a type known as “cocked hat” or Oakeshott type D. This is of deep and generous shape complemented nicely by a wide and slim cross of style 2 of round section. This has gently trumpeting ends and a slight swelling in the middle. The grip is of moderate length, making this a single hand sword despite its great size.
These were cavalry weapons, true knightly swords, to be used from horseback in big sweeping blows.
In chronicles from the period we can read about German knights and their fearsome great swords that were wielded with great skill and precision.
"

The count retails new from Albion for $880

I will let mine go for only $625

Albion is almost sure to raise the prices again, this is your chance to get an Albion now at reduced price. If you order I can try to have it overnighted (overknighted?) to get to you by Christmas. Buyer in this case will pay actual shipping.

Best regards,

Hadrian

Attachment: 93.73 KB
pic1.jpg

Attachment: 94.92 KB
pic2.jpg

Attachment: 96.35 KB
pic3.jpg

Historia magistra vitae est
Hadrian Coffin
Industry Professional

Feedback score: 100%
(2 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 21 Dec, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

More pictures, even more available upon request.

Attachment: 98.08 KB
pic4.jpg

Attachment: 94.95 KB
pic5.jpg

Historia magistra vitae est

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Albion SwordRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic