Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For ale: Arms & Armor medieval-style small utility knifeSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Gabriel Lebec
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 32 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sun 05 Aug, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: For ale: Arms & Armor medieval-style small utility knife         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Hello everyone,

Three and a half years ago A&A ran a Christmas special on a selection of medieval-style knives. You can see the original myArmoury thread on the subject here, including how popular these "stocking stuffers" were.

To quote Arms & Armor (source):

Quote:
These knives are inspired by the finds along the Thames and documented in the Knives and Scabbards monograph published by the Museum of London. They include the coarsest type of simple work knife to the elegant by-knives of the late medieval period.

The range of pieces is impressive when one looks at the finds from these archeological digs. The knives are distinctive for their utility and interesting designs. As you can see some are simple wooden grips while others have bolsters and end caps. The finish varies a bit as well with one or two left with marks from forging to others finished to a high sheen. They are all sharpened.

I picked up knife O from that list, and am selling it today. It's a very fun little piece, 7.75" overall, with an interesting wood choice (I don't know the species) for the grip and an attractive, grainy / forged finish. I like it a lot and would normally keep it, but I am scrounging up every penny I can to afford a new computer, so some things have just got to go. Sad Well, my loss is your gain! Happy

Asking $70 including shipping to the continental USA.

(book in picture is not included!)

Right-click on these and choose "view in new tab" to see the full 1024 resolution:

"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science." - Albert Einstein
________

Last edited by Gabriel Lebec on Tue 07 Aug, 2012 7:47 am; edited 3 times in total
Gabriel Lebec
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 32 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 07 Aug, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Price drop!

Now $70 inc. shipping to conUS.

Catch it while it's hot... Cool

EDIT: SOLD

"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science." - Albert Einstein
________

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For ale: Arms & Armor medieval-style small utility knifeSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic