Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Schmitthenner Armoury - paid for goods but never got items Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
William Huynh

PostPosted: Tue 14 Dec, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Schmitthenner Armoury - paid for goods but never got items         Reply with quote

Does anyone have previous experience purchasing from The Schmitthenner Armoury? http://www.schmitthenner.com/

I purchased a gorget and an axe frog on 5/17/2010 via paypal and the payment was accepted. I still have not recieved the product from them.

Here's my history. If you are from Schmitthenner Armoury, can you please contact me?

05/17/2010 Purchased item

07/13/2010 Sent email inquiring about the order.

07/19/2010 I recieved a reply back via email saying "I'm not sure if you received a reply to the email below as we have been extremely busy with Pennsic coming up. If you havent received a reply let me know and I'll get right back to you."

07/27/2010 I sent email inquiring about the order.

08/30/2010 I sent an email inquiring about the order.

09/02/2010 I recieved a reply email saying "I apologize for the delay on your order. A slight design adjustment was necessary to these gorgets to improve functionality. Assuming that your color choice is black, I will get this out to you right away."

09/02/2010 I sent an email saying "Yes black is good. Pls send. Appreciate it. Have a great weekend."

09/17/2010 I sent an email inquiring about the order.

10/18/2010 I sent an email inquiring about the order.

10/28/2010 I sent an email inquiring about the order.

It is now December. I tried calling their number listed on their website but it just goes to voicemail even during normal business hours listed.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of customer service from them?

Thanks.
David Lippmann

PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have had much the same experence as you have had. I ordered 3/4 arm & legs back in October 2010 and despite numerous follow ups and being told sorry for the delay ' the armour will be posted immediately' I have received nothing to date. As my order was totalling $350 and now 10 mths on, i'm a little concerned !!! Mad

Did you end up receiving your order ?
T. Arndt

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear of your trouble. I worry every time I order from a new vendor that this is going to happen to me (that is why I usually search here first, before ordering). I did a quick google on these guys and I found a Better Business Bureau listing were they were rated with an F due to an unresolved complaint. You could try filing a BBB complaint on that page yourself. That page also lists the vendors address in case you need to file in small claims court.
http://www.bbb.org/north-east-florida/busines...170350937/

On a strange side note, If you google the phone number listed (I always do this with new vendors because often the bad guys will have one shop fold up, only to start another, but not change phone #s) I found another online retailer that sells talismans.
http://apotropaics.com/

Best of luck!

Wisconsin Historical Fencing Association (WHFA) - La Crosse
A HEMA Alliance Affiliate

“Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?” -Juvenal
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This is a bit odd, I have always gotten good customer service from them and received the things I have ordered within a month or so. I wish I could offer more help, this is definately out of character for them based on my previous experiences. The contact information that I have is the information posted on the website, so I won't bother reposting.

Best of luck. I hope this gets resolved quickly for everyone involved.

J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
Robert A T

PostPosted: Wed 31 Aug, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: I have been waiting for a pair of legs         Reply with quote

It has been four months since I sent a check. The last e-mail said I would have the tracking number tomorrow, and that did not happen. I guess there must be something wrong with this company. So, far it has been misplaced packages, vacations, and busy with SCA events. Did these people really attend Pensic? Well, my delima, now, is how do I want to start a process for equity. BBB already been done, right. Well, someone cashed my check, so there will be a bank address and a photo.
T. Arndt

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Wed 31 Aug, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Have you considered small claims court? Where I live consumers can file in their state (not the plaintiffs state), no lawyers are required and the filling fee is $94.50. It might be work checking to see if this is a viable option in your jurisdiction.
Wisconsin Historical Fencing Association (WHFA) - La Crosse
A HEMA Alliance Affiliate

“Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?” -Juvenal
Robert A T

PostPosted: Thu 01 Sep, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I will be doing a few things. Map quest cannot find the address of 1060 Odum RD, Odum GA., so, filing small claims would have to go through the P.O.Box. I found the BBB Information. This prevented me from ordering a pair from some other seller, and that is the part that injury. The amount of money lost I can shrug off with fewer regrets. Sadly, these are my first and second post here.
Robert A T

PostPosted: Sat 10 Sep, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Recieved Items         Reply with quote

Sent in the order 20th of April got the item 10 Sept. The legs are what I wanted, and what one would expect of leather work. However, the Schmitthenner Armoury needs to work on the turn around time and courtesy. My thank you note will say the same to them.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Schmitthenner Armoury - paid for goods but never got items
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic