Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: CAS Iberia Edward III SwordSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

Reading list: 327 books

Spotlight topics: 32

Feedback score: 100%
(12 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Mon 04 Jul, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: For Sale: CAS Iberia Edward III Sword         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I have recently discussed that my sword collection has grown too large. This site is expensive and the idea of continuing to put "new" money into the hobby is not compatible with the needs of the rest of my life. As such, I'm making some hard choices and putting up some things for sale. Besides, the collection takes up a lot of room and I need the space! Please help.

I have for sale a CAS Iberia Edward III Sword. This sword was discontinued by the maker several years ago. it was sold at a higher price point than most of CASI's offerings.

This sword was originally purchased by this site with the intent of using it as a prize for a giveaway contest. Once it arrived, I liked it so much I bought it and gave myArmoury.com the money back. To me, and most who look at it, it serves as the epitome of what a knightly sword is supposed to look like. Since most of my collection now days consists of swords that are weird, unusual, and whatnot, I wanted to have at least one example of a medieval knightly sword and this served the bill well.

Here are some more photos of the actual sword offered for sale:

Click photos for full-sized versions

As you can see, it's really a beautiful piece. The fittings are all gold plated and extremely attractive. The scabbard is a nice addition and is much more ornately finished and better fitting than really anything I've seen in a production offering before. Most of the details of the antique sword have been recreated here with great results. The blade has the markings of the antique lightly etched (?) on its surface. One side of the pommel has an enamel design like the antique and the other has what I guess is some sort of opaque plastic that mimics the crystal inset of the antique. I'd never have guessed plastic would be an attractive choice here, but really, I think it gives a good impression here. I've seen other owners pop this piece out, but I like it. Go figure. The scabbard also has gold-plated fittings and an enameled design that looks like the pommel.

I've handled a few examples of this model. I didn't like the dynamic properties of the other ones I handled. There were some very big variances in the three examples I've seen. I was lucky with this one. The piece is the best of three by a large margin. It has a lot of blade presence, in a good way, and is dynamically sound. Other examples I've handled felt "dead" in the hands to me. This one does not. Those drawn to lightweight "lively" swords are likely not going to like this one. This would be more of a sword of war.

The edges are pretty sharp and could be honed to be very sharp. I cut myself on it once but haven't used it to do any other cutting. I considered it more decorative and didn't want to damage it so I've left it as it came.

The stats are below. I measured them quickly so they are approximates:

Overall length: 42.5"
Weight: 3.1 pounds
Width of guard: 8.25"
Blade: 33.5" long
Grip and pommel: 8.5"
Point of Balance (PoB): 7.5" from guard
Center of Percussion (CoP): ~21" from guard

ASKING PRICE: $325

I prefer PayPal. Add 3% mark-up to offset PayPal fee. Shipping is extra.

Questions or comments can be Private Messaged to me here on myArmoury.com or via email.

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: CAS Iberia Edward III SwordSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic