Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale or Trade: Floral Nanako TsubaRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
John Coris

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 06 Apr, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: For Sale or Trade: Floral Nanako Tsuba         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

This extraordinary tsuba is made of silver decorated with gold peonies (botan) and butterflies over nanako ground. The color of the tsuba is silver with gold peony flowers. Dimensions are 7.0 x 7.4 x 0.4 cm (2,756 x 2.913 x 0,157 inch.). Weight is 138 gramms. The nanako continues on the rim and there are some small wear marks in areas.

The person who sold it to me mentioned that the original japanese owner bought it 25 years ago from a museum, but I can't confirm his credibility. After his death his widow sold it and eventually ended up with me. As can be seen by the photos the tsuba is very beautiful. In my opinion, the impressive tsuba is a cast copy of a late Edo or Meiji period original. It's age is unknown, but I suspect that it was made in the 19th or early 20th century. It is very hard to find such workmanship these days. It would be ideal for making high quality koshirae on a shinsakuto or gendaito.

Please judge the tsuba by the pictures as they speak from themselves and more are available on demand.

I offer a total satisfaction guarantee. If you buy anything from me and for WHATEVER reason do not like it or change your mind afterwards, just return it for a full refund. All you get to pay are the actual shipping costs.

Purchase price was a bit more than 1.380 Euros. Asking 800 Euros with free shipping everywhere in the word. The price is firm and won't go any lower. Trades accepted.

Attachment: 59.74 KB
a23.jpg

Attachment: 185.47 KB
a7.jpg

Attachment: 165.08 KB
a6.jpg

Attachment: 184.56 KB
a4.jpg

Attachment: 53.25 KB
a3.jpg

Always excel and stay superior of others. (Homer - Iliad)
John Coris

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 03 May, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: For Sale or Trade: Floral Nanako Tsuba         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

QUICK SALE DISCOUNT
Because of an unexpected cash need the tsuba is offered at a ridiculously low price but for a very limited amount of time
750 euros

If bought along with any of my other listings free shipping is offered for all items. For three or more items free shipping for everything plus 5% discount on the total....

Always excel and stay superior of others. (Homer - Iliad)

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale or Trade: Floral Nanako TsubaRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic