Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale or Trade: A sword in the style of ca. 1550SOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Sean Flynt

Reading list: 13 books

Spotlight topics: 7

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 10 Sep, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: For Sale or Trade: A sword in the style of ca. 1550         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I'm fall-cleaning and decided to part with this very pretty project. Asking only $325, including shipping in CONUS, because the Angus Trim blade is faintly pitted all over and the piece is not based on any particular sword--its from my (informed) imagination, but reasonable for a German sword of the mid-to-late 16th c. I'm always interested in full or partial trades, with cash thrown in by you or me to make up the difference in value. Big Grin Offer me a good quality used sallet (esp. the deep German kind with integral sight) or burgonet (not Windlass,) a Windlass Auray or Venetian and we can work out a deal.

The blade is by Angus Trim. The pommel and cross are heavily altered Windlass Steelcrafts. There's a lot of handwork on the cross--shortening it, taking out the vertical "S" curve, adding as much horizontal curve as I thought it could take, removing the inboard ring, refining, polishing and bluing. The pommel is secured by a peen over a plain nut. The hilt is secured with brass wedges and JB Weld. The piece rings when the blade is tapped, so apparently I didn't miss any points in construction. The new leather-over-wood grip is very refined and complex in section.

This is a cut-oriented sword, with a POB just under 5" below the cross. It feels wonderful--light but authoritative. Seems like it'd be just right for use with a buckler or target.

I was handling this piece last night and almost decided to keep it because it looks and feels so nice and because I think it would also be reasonable for early English colonists, which of special interest to me. I have the A&A Town Guard, though, and that serves the same purpose in my collection and I plan to blue that as well. I have another blued German sword on the way, too, and that pushes this one out, albeit reluctantly.

Attachment: 144.92 KB
download.gif

Attachment: 35.23 KB
download-4.gif

Attachment: 102.79 KB
download-1.gif

Attachment: 143.61 KB
download-5.gif

Attachment: 143.65 KB
download-3.gif

-Sean

Author of the Little Hammer novel

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1
Sean Flynt

PostPosted: Thu 10 Sep, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I almost forgot: I'd also trade for a decent German or North Italian breast in the style of ca. 1475-1525, strapped or not, clean or not. Fauld preferred but not essential. Medium size is ideal.

-Sean

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1
Sean Flynt

PostPosted: Sun 30 Jan, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This one is back on the market! The only difference is that I no longer need a sallet or breast. PayPal preferred.

-Sean

Sean Flynt

PostPosted: Sun 30 Jan, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Stats:
OA--37"
Blade--31 1/8"
Blade width at cross--1 13/16"
Grip length--3.75"
COP--approximate. 18.75"
POB--5"
quillon width--6.75"
Weight--2.2 lbs

-Sean

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale or Trade: A sword in the style of ca. 1550SOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic