Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Swords for sale (UK) - # 1Removed Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Mon 08 Nov, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Swords for sale (UK) - # 1         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Hi All,

I’m trying to thin down my collection as I’ve been going a bit crazy recently and buying more than I should… I’m also starting to run out of room for everything…
Please therefore take a look at my items below. All are priced to exclude postage and packaging. I would prefer only to send things to the UK, as international postage fees seem to be quite high and might prove to be restrictive. To give you an idea, postage within the UK would be around £10 per item.
Payment by cheque or bank transfer is preferred due to Paypal’s exorbitant charges. If you’re happy to pay the extra 3%, however, then that’s up to you.
I realise the below are a bit eclectic, so I’m posting all these on multiple forums. I’ll endeavour to reply to all PMs as quickly as possible, but it might be quicker to e-mail me on: a.mercer@leeds.ac.uk if you are interested or would like more details on anything.
I won’t be dropping the prices on any of these – they’re priced to sell. If they don’t go – I’ll just keep ‘em. However, I’m open to sensible offers or trades. Like I say, my collection is eclectic so there’s no saying what I might be interested in!

Cold steel 1796 LC sabre
This is the version with the all-steel scabbard. Hasn’t been used to cut, and it still has its factory edge which is sharp for the top half of the blade. There are two spots of rust on the sword, both there when I bought it. I’ve tried to include good shots of these in the pics. The spot on the blade is probably from when it was in storage. It’s non-active, and doesn’t do much to spoil the aesthetics of the blade. The spot on the knuckle guard was from the string Cold Steel used to attach their label. I guess moisture from the string caused the rust in storage.
Price from Cold Steel’s UK site is £300, although you could probably find one cheaper as they tend to bump up their prices on their site. I’m willing to sell for £180 + p&p

Hanwei Sidesword
The blade, grip, and furniture are as new, as I’ve never cut with or sharpened it. The scabbard has a couple of scuffs on it, but that’s it.
I’m also giving away a free main gauche with this sword. I don’t know if it’s period to have a sidesword with a main gauche, but they look nice as a pair. It’s nothing special: a stainless steel effort with a leatherette-covered scabbard, but it might look nice on your wall or when practising forms.
Retails around £140, I’m willing to let it go for £100 + p&p

Barnett 17th Century Shortsword
As new, although I have sharpened the blade and given it a bit of a polish to take off that new-from-the-factory shiny-shiny look. High carbon steel blade, steel furniture and wire grip. Solidly peened. A nice does-what-it-says-on-the-tin sword, and the best Barnett repro that I’ve handled.
Asking £70 + p&p

Hanwei Scottish Court Sword
I bought this second hand, and it has seen better days. The triangular blade is sound and in good polish. The silver plating has worn off the furniture in a lot of places, but I think this is a common problem found in this sword as the plating is so thin.
Again, asking £100 for this one. Retail as new would be £180, so that’s quite a saving on what is still a nice sword.

1908 Indian Cavalry Sabre
Now, this is not the Cold Steel example, but rather what Cold Steel’s offering is based upon: this is a genuine modern issue Indian Cavalry Sabre, based on the 1908 pattern and still used by the Indian Cavalry today. It has a green-painted scabbard and bowl guard to protect against rust, humidity and reduce shine in the desert. The grip is Indian hardwood, cross-hatched and with the distinctive thumb depression to ensure proper wrist alignment in the thrust.
I received the sword with a slight crack in the grip, which had been glued, and the grip is as solid as ever. Because of this, though, I am asking only £100 + p&p for this – the Cold Steel example could set you back as much as £300!

Please see my other posts for the remainder of my collection

Thanks for looking!

Ant
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Mon 15 Nov, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bump to the top Big Grin

Ant
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Wed 17 Nov, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sidesword and main gauche sold pending payment

The rest are still available Big Grin

Thanks
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Mon 06 Dec, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sidesword and main gauche sold. The rest still up for sale

Cheers,

Ant
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Sat 01 Jan, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Stuff still up for grabs. Happy New Year!

Ant
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Wed 09 Feb, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bumped to the top once again Happy

Please don't be afraid to pm me with <sensible> offers - I can only say no! Big Grin
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

1908 Indian Sabre sold. Happy

Thanks,

Ant
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Wed 30 Mar, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

1796 Sabre sold!

Court sword and Shortsword are still available. Big Grin

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Swords for sale (UK) - # 1Removed