Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: 1st Century Celt/Roman Auxiliary Kit RevisedRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Paul Mullins

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 18 Dec, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: For Sale: 1st Century Celt/Roman Auxiliary Kit Revised         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Due to a unforeseen mishap with the spear and some wear on the gear, I am forced to revise this listing. I have also added a few things.

I mentioned a few weeks back that I was planning on thinning the herd on some of my impressions that are sitting in the closet. Its time to let go of some stuff and pass it to someone who can make use of it.

This will be the first to hit the block in the next few weeks. This is my Celt/Roman auxiliary kit.

All pieces will show some wear, but they are in good repair for re-enacting. Consider them "conditioned" for that authentic look :wink:

Wool over tunic made from 100% wool size 44-46 chest.

100% Wool under tunic with cardwoven trim on cuffs. This can be worn as an outer tunic for a Germanic impression. Loosely based on the Thorsberg tunic. This will fit a 42 chest up to a 44. I made it tighter to fit under the above tunic.

1 pair of wool trousers loosely based on the Thorsberg trousers. Will fit a 34-36 waist. There is a small 2x2 inch hole in the right knee. I am planning on patching this before sending out. 100% olive colored wool.

1 pair of Roman/Gaul knee trousers. These are the style seen on several Roman illustrations with the very long waist. Typically they are seen rolled from the chest down to the waist. Very unique style of trousers for Celt impressions. Great for summer. Made from 85% wool in lighter shade of olive. I do not think these have ever been worn.

1 pair of dark green leg wraps. I based these off of the one found on an actual leg from a Danish bog. Just rectangles of wool fabric thats wrapped around the lower leg.

1 Bronze fibula brooch from Quiet Raymonds press. Roman style, but would also work for Romanized Celt impression.

1 shield constructed from 1/2 inch plywood and covered on the face with linen/cotton fabric. The shield shape is based on the Battersea shield from England. The designs were pulled from various sources, but are correct for the British Isles. Boss is hand hammered from 16 gauge steel (I believe its a Mad Matt boss) and attached with hand made nails.

1 Germanic style (angon) spear made by Mark Morrow. The spear is triangular in cross-section. Made from tool steel and tempered by one of the best recreation smiths in the business. I will ship just the spear head and the metal buttspike. The shaft can easily be obtained from Home Depot or Lowes much cheaper than what I can mail it for.

This will make an excellent starter point for anyone wanting to "break into" ancient re-enacting or Living History. I know this is probably a bad time of year to be selling items, due to the holidays.

275 USD for everything, plus actual shipping for the shield. I will cover the shipping costs for the other items.

I will look to see if I have a very simple Roman belt to throw in with the deal and possibly a simple sagum (cloak)

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: 1st Century Celt/Roman Auxiliary Kit RevisedRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic