Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Hanwei Scottish Baskethilted BroadswordSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Christopher E.

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 07 Dec, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: For Sale: Hanwei Scottish Baskethilted Broadsword         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I have for sale this Scottish Basket Hilted Broadsword from Hanwei. It has been used for display only and is in like new condition. It feels pretty good in the hand and is not overly heavy as replicas of this sort can be. I think it's the best of it's kind in the market right now unless you want to step up to nearly $1K for an Armour Class model. It comes with a nice leather covered wood core scabbard to boot. I have removed the basket liner on this sword and threw it directly away, so I don't have it to include with the purchase. I personally feel this sword looks MUCH better without the liner as it was really the least "well done" part of this piece. I have included below the standard info from Hanwei about this sword and also the specs. I have attached the Hanwei photo of the sword and also iphone pics of the basket on this piece after removal of the liner. I'll take $200USD plus shipping and Paypal Fees for this sword, which is better than the best price I could find on-line this morning.

Although Basket-Hilt swords appeared throughout Britain from the mid-sixteenth century on, their association with the seventeenth and eighteenth century Scottish highlander has become legendary.

The Basket-Hilt Broadsword, replicated from an original in the collection of the Royal Armouries in England, carries a typical Glasgow-style hilt from the mid-18th century. It is likely that the blade of the original sword, marked “Andrea Ferara”, was made in Germany a century earlier and re-hilted as basket designs were refined.

The sword has a polished finish. The hilt is crafted from stainless steel, to minimize maintenance. The blade is a high-carbon blade. The grips of the broadswords are covered with wire-wrapped genuine rayskin and the basket liners are crafted in fabric-covered leather. The scabbards are leather-covered, black

Features:

- Authentic replica of Museum Piece
- Fully functional
- Scabbard included

Specifications:

- Overall length: 39 3/4"
- Blade length: 33 1/2"
- Handle length: 6"
- Weight: 3lb 1oz
- Point of Balance: 5"
- Point of Percussion: 23"
- Width at Guard: 1.79"
- Width at Tip: 1.19"
- Thickness at Guard: .18"
- Thickness at Tip: .08"

Christopher E.

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 11 Dec, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

$200USD and I'll ship it to you in the CONUS at my cost... Now that's a deal!

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Hanwei Scottish Baskethilted BroadswordSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic