Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Valiant Armoury signature line? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 12 May, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Brian K. wrote:
Chad Arnow wrote:
The pairs of lines on that guard don't look very good.

That is what I was thinking.

I understand it's a less expensive sword so expectations have to be shifted somewhat. I also am well aware that historical swords show asymmetries and flaws in their execution. Happy

But this is just sloppy casting and not cleaning it up. I've seen MRL swords, a few Depeeka items, and other cheaper swords that were better finished than that. It's really out of place given the apparent niceness of the rest of the sword.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Victor R.

Reading list: 4 books

PostPosted: Tue 12 May, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Kriegschwerdt - A few comments         Reply with quote

My Kriegschwerdt arrived a couple of weeks ago and I'm generally pleased. I'm new at this stuff, so my opionion will be much less informed than most on the site. However, I can say that, compared to other swords I've acquired, I do like the weight, balance and general feel of the sword, both one handed and two. It doesn't seem too heavy to me, and I find I can control it fairly easily.

The piece feels and appears well assembled and solid. Aesthetically, I find it attractive overall, but have a few concerns with it "cosmetically". The cast parts are somewhat scratched right out of the box - nothing I can't clean up with a little effort, but it is a bit disappointing. I suppose the biggest strike is the very tip - it has a huge burr (oddly, it's the same problem I had with an ATrim 1520 I purchased). Again, this isn't something I can't fix myself, but I find it odd that such a flaw would make it past quality control. My final issue is that, due to a mix up with buckles, as I understand it, the piece is incomplete - I have sword and scabbard, but the suspension is on "backorder". Woe is me - the pain of delayed gratification . . .

All that said, I'm not at all disappointed with my decision to acquire the Kriegscwerdt and I believe it is a wonderful value. It is a great addition to my meager collection and will be enjoyed for years to come.
Sean O Stevens

PostPosted: Tue 12 May, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sorry about the guard pics... I have two cameras, crapy and crapy-er. I took the pics for the Bristol over three days ine 4 different spots with both cameras under varried lighting conditions, and some came out better then others.

I just took a couple SUPER close-ups of the lines in the guard (is there a word for that?) that shows them better. They are not perfect, but not as bad as they looked in that one pic... which I didn't even notice and have now removed. Blush

My photography is as bad as my swordsmenship, it would seem.

http://sbgswordforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?...amp;page=1
Matthew G.M. Korenkiewicz

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Tue 12 May, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
"I ALSO briefly had the Base Model, which I did not find nearly as attractive"

Hi Matthew,

In what way?

Hi Julien, excuse the slight tardiness in replying : The Base model of The Castile that I
received -- and again, I think we are ALL remembering that the price reflects what we're
buying here ( not so much a knock on the package as a reality ) -- was something, and
there's no good way to put it, of a mess.

Although tight, the leather wrap of the grip was poorly done, overlapping around the hilt
and pommel, as well as looking poorly colored. The black leather of the scabbard also
looked poorly colored, the back seam an ugly scar through which you could see wood
near the throat.

There is no difference in the blade, as far as I can tell. Needless to say, I returned the
base model and re-ordered the signature model.
Sean O Stevens

PostPosted: Tue 12 May, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

[quote="Matthew G.M. Korenkiewicz"]
Quote:

Although tight, the leather wrap of the grip was poorly done, overlapping around the hilt
and pommel, as well as looking poorly colored. The black leather of the scabbard also
looked poorly colored, the back seam an ugly scar through which you could see wood
near the throat.

There is no difference in the blade, as far as I can tell. Needless to say, I returned the
base model and re-ordered the signature model.

Owtch.

My Base model was fine. The grip and scabbard were clean... I didn't have any of the issues you mention. It was just very basic, plain. Like most Atrim swords are if you don't 'jazz em up' a bit. The only reason I parted with mine was I, like you, decided to go for the signature model.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Valiant Armoury signature line?
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: