Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Jousting harnessRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Peter Lyon
Industry Professional

Reading list: 39 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sun 18 Jan, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Jousting harness         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I am selling my old jousting harness to a good home. It is for sale at an online auction site as well; I cannot put the link here due to the rules of conduct of this forum, but if you want to see all the details and photos PM me.

Asking price NZ$2250 plus delivery. Please note that delivery will be from New Zealand and the cost will reflect delivery to your part of the world.

Here is the text:

This is REAL jousting armour, worn and proven in several jousting tournaments in New Zealand from 2002 to 2006 by Peter Lyon.

This style of armour was used between about 1320 and 1380, until more advanced bright steel harness appeared. The armour has steel plates inside the leather covering, held in place by the many brass rivets and pewter details visible on the outside. The pewter shields carry my own heraldic emblem, the lion rampant (a pun on my name).

This armour weighs about 30kg as displayed. It is sized for a height of 190cm (6'3") and a medium-large build. Suitable for wearing, hirage (suit people over 1.8m tall) and displays.

The items for sale are:
Steel barrel helm
Maille-backed leather gauntlets
Coat of Plates torso armour with shoulder and neck protection plates added
Arms (steel plates in leather cover)
Legs (steel plates in leather cover)
Wooden display stand, painted blue

Why am I selling it? In 2005 I commissioned a new set of full plate armour of later style, which is more protective and lighter (and shinier!). So I no longer need this armour, and don't really have room to display two sets of armour, so it is up for sale. This is a rare opportunity to acquire REAL armour that has been used and proven in tournaments, not some piece of tin plate that can't even be worn. The asking price is not much more than I spent making it, and I would like to see it go to a good home. I can provide delivery costs to your area.

It can be viewed by appointment at my home in Wellington, and will be on show at the Taupo medieval tournament, January 31 and February 1, if not sold prior.

What is the LOTR connection you ask? It was made by myself especially for jousting, during the time that I was working at Weta Workshop making the "hero" swords (the ones seen in close ups) for the Lord of the Rings film trilogy. Yes, I am in the credits. Please note that this armour does NOT appear in the films and was NOT made for the films.

Photos to follow.

Still hammering away
Peter Lyon
Industry Professional

Reading list: 39 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sun 18 Jan, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: For Sale: jousting harness         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Some photos:

Attachment: 119.03 KB
Armour 1350 inside 01 SMALL 3.jpg

Attachment: 149.67 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 69.62 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 146.52 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 110.69 KB
[ Download ]