Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: 1 Albion, 2 Arms & Armour, Some ATrims, & a TinkerSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Thom R.

Reading list: 30 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 17 Sep, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: For Sale: 1 Albion, 2 Arms & Armour, Some ATrims, &         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

In order to pay for a recent purchase I am forced to sell a few swords. Its a tough call but here we go. Maybe one of these will find a good home. However, I want to point out up front that I don't have to sell all of them, so if a few of them sell, I will remove the others from sale. I will get pics up later today but these are all production swords that you can see on the internet or on reviews here at MA. Paypal preferred and I will not charge a paypal fee. If you want to buy with a check or MO that is fine too - with a check I will ship once the check clears

1. Albion Doge, black leather handle. Has only been dry handled and is in new condition. Will also send along the storage scabbard I made for it which is wood covered with black and deep purple dyed and stamped leather and which has a brass chape from the Albion moat sale. New is 1200, I will sell for 900 plus shipping

2. Arms and Armour Cavalier. Blued hilt components, wire wrap on handle. The craftsmanship here is just outstanding. Although it is listed as a rapier, I would say that it handles like a sword in the cut but does has a pivot point that gives it the feel of a rapier in the thrust. Its a military sword of the early 17th c. It is one of the only A&A swords to have a thumb ring. This sword has only been used in drills and I have never cut with it and its basically in brand new condition. Patrick Kelly did a review of the sword here on MA which you can read. It comes with a simple, undyed leather sheath. New is 950, I will sell for 700 plus shipping

3. Arms and Armour Irish Sword. This is single hand type XVIII with a cross similar to the sword found in Portglenone that now resides in the National Museum in Dublin . Black leather handle wrap (no cord underneath). It weighs 1087 g and sports a 31 inch blade that is 1.75 inches wide at the hilt and has a POB at 5.5 inches. Has seen a few pool noodles but thats about it. New is 710, it pains me but I will sell for 510 plus shipping. No scabbard or sheath with this though.

4. I will sell my AT1516 that you can see in this post

http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...ight=1516.

It comes with a leather sheath that I have upgraded with a chape and some decorative leatherwork dyed a deep green. I don't think Gus is making more of these, its a rather unique design for a Type XVIIIa, and it has over 100 bucks of silver on it so I am not going to give it away but I will sell for 600 plus shipping if someone is interested in it.

5. I have a 31 inch ATrim Tac Jian, sharp, without black oxide treatment, with the original black Micarta scales. This has seen some cutting action but is still in good condition. I will sell for 250 plus shipping.

6. I suppose I could sell the Cold-trim baskethilt sword that you can see here

http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...t=coldtrim

Now a heads up on this one - its in the "munitions grade" category, the blade is an older Atrim that has seen some use, and I have done a fair amount of cutting with this sword. It has a nice balance though and handles well. It has a few scratches but has never bent, chipped, or taken a set. I can sell the Cold-Trim for 250 plus shipping as well.

7. Finally, I will offer my Tinker Type XVIII one more time.

http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...ker+riding

I removed this from sale and Tinker and I have some prelim plans to re-hilt this one but I suppose I could part with it for 600 plus shipping. Will include the standard black leather sheath. At that price you could strip the hilt and send to Michael and he could re-hilt it for you for less than the cost of making the sword new. Its a unique sword with specs that will not be found anywhere in the production market right now. Its a small, fast in hand, stiff diamond section, cut and thrust Type XVIII riding sword.

Thanks for looking! Happy TR
Michael R. Black

PostPosted: Wed 17 Sep, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Cavalier rapier         Reply with quote

I'm sending you a PM on the cavalier rapier now.
Thom R.

PostPosted: Sat 20 Sep, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Baskethilted ATrim sold

Lots of interest in the Cavalier - but no outright sale yet. Still available for 700 + shipping until Monday otherwise I have a buyer on a payment plan

I'll drop Doge to 825 + shippingCONUS but note, if A&A swords sell this is off market

A&A Irish will drop to 480+shipping CONUS

ATrim Tac Jian one sold but I do have one more (without a sheath though) 200+ shipping

ATrim 1516 removed from sale; Tinker Riding Sword removed from sale

Cavalier Hilt

Doge Hilt and Scabbard

A&A Irish Sword
Thom R.

PostPosted: Tue 23 Sep, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Cavalier sale pending..........

Doge, A&A Irish Sword, and 31" Tac Jian still available
Anders Kramer

PostPosted: Tue 23 Sep, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

could you post some more pics of the dodge? And of the scabbard?

Thanks
Thom R.

PostPosted: Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am pressed for time but will try to get the pic requests done before I leave for the weekend.

A&A Irish sword sold

Cavalier: sale is pending..............

Doge and Tac Jian still available.

Thanks for all of the interest, TR
Thom R.

PostPosted: Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

second Tac Jian now also sold

that only leaves the Doge, which I am removing from sale as per my original post.

Thanks everyone! (you know who you are). Thom

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: 1 Albion, 2 Arms & Armour, Some ATrims, & a TinkerSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic