Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: ArmArt customized S4 knightly swordSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 231 books

Spotlight topics: 15

Feedback score: 100%
(10 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Mon 01 Sep, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: For Sale: ArmArt customized S4 knightly sword         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Hey folks,
Up for sale is my customized ArmArt S4 Knightly sword and custom scabbard. A number of pictures, more info, and stats can be found here.

The blade is hand-forged with a deep fuller on each side. One side has the Crusader motto "Deus Vult" engraved in the fuller. The pommel and guard are cast in bronze. The pommel is peened (though the peen is covered with a brazed bronze plate for a seamless look) and has a cross engraved on it. The grip is wrapped in dark brown leather.

The scabbard is wood, lined with wool. The leather is hand-dyed and hand-tooled. The belt is elk-skin and has the earlier-style slit construction; the slit ends of the belt tie through holes in the strap end. The belt is sized for a 40-inch waist (give or take) and the slit design means it can easily be cut down to fit smaller waists as there are no buckles to remove and reset. The chape is hand-shaped iron. The belt, chape, and scabbard were made by Norman reenactor Jesse Bailey.

For those not familiar with ArmArt, they are a Czech outfit. They allied with Swordforum years ago to be the suppliers for SFI's "Museum Store." This brought in a lot of orders. The early fruits of that pairing, like mine, were well-made but slightly late in delivery. Later, they got very behind and started cutting corners to try to get back on track. They ended up leaving some customers hanging.

ArmArt still offers this model, with some differences, for almost $1120. Theirs has no blade engraving, but has some engraving on the cross. The pommel on their current offering looks less elegant than mine. The scabbard and belt they now offer look cheap and aren't very accurate.

This sword has been cut with several times, but has no damage or marks from that. The blade is sharpened, but some may prefer a finer edge that ArmArt's stock edge. I think it's fine, personally. The scabbard has been strapped on once or twice, and has sat in a case the rest of the time. So the condition of the whole package is excellent.

Asking $820 + s/h, about $300 off the cost of a new one (if you trust that ArmArt would even deliver). I happen to think my sword and scabbard are nicer than the current offering, but I may be biased. Happy

Money Orders accepted, PayPal preferred (please add 3% for PayPal transactions).

Attachment: 36.33 KB
upload1.jpg

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: ArmArt customized S4 knightly swordSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic