Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: 3 Samson pieces and Bugei Kat for saleRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jason Dingledine

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: For Sale: 3 Samson pieces and Bugei Kat for sale         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Here is another batch of my personal collection that I'm clearing out, to make room and pay some household bills. The recent rain and flooding here in Wisconsin has done a bit of damage (FEMA just declared my county an aide area), that I need to repair.

Up first are a couple of Jody Samson pieces, a custom that his "Samson Katana" was based off of, and the prototype of the "Limited Edition" Katana that featured cast parts and a machined blade blank. Both swords feature Jody's signature and a dedication, each are signed as a custom or "prototype" respectively.

Both sword were made completely in Jody's shop, and were sharpened by him.

I'm selling these because they have sat in storage for the better part of the last year and a half. Because of being in storage, the blades have some rust pitting on the blades. I've cleaned the active rust off, but the underlying pitting/staining remains. Because of this, I'm selling these AS IS for roughly ½ their value. I'm sure the blades could be returned to Jody to be refurbished.

Asking price is $750 each, plus shipping.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up is a set of steel castings from one of Jody's waxes. I have had these for a few years, but don't have time to forge out a blade for myself to mount.

Jody originally carved the masters for this set for Albion around 2000, while he was still in California. Albion had them molded and a small number of these were cast in bronze and mounted on a couple of different production blades. To my knowledge, these are the only set ever cast in steel.

I received the waxes from Jody, and modified the guard to accept a blade down to the arms of the guard (Jody's previous castings had the blade shouldered around the chin level of the skull).

The castings have been cleaned up, antiqued and are ready to mount. The pommel has already been tapped and threaded for 3/8" threads.

Asking price is $250, plus shipping. I would be willing to create a custom blade for these if the purchaser desires one of my blades.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, is a Bugei "Samurai" model katana. This sword was purchased for me by my wife, with the intention of it being a training sword for me when I tried to get involved in the JSA again. The blade has been used for only a couple of training sessions, but has otherwise been on display in my office. I untied, and ironed flat the sageo for training, but I can re-tie it for the purchaser if they would like.

The sword is in "new" condition, and will be shipped in the original packaging from Bugei.

The blade is the 28.5" nagasa, with a 11" tsuka.

Asking Price is $1000 plus shipping.

I can accept Money Orders, Personal Checks, or PayPal (I do as for the percentage that paypal charges me (3% in US, 4% for international).

Jason Dingledine
Jason Dingledine

PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Price Drop on finished swords         Reply with quote

I'm dropping the price on the finished swords by $100 each.

Jody Fantasy Katana are now $650 each plus shipping.

Bugei "Samurai" Katana is now $900 plus shipping.

Jason Dingledine
Jason Dingledine

PostPosted: Mon 01 Oct, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bugei Katana sold pending payment.

The two Jody Samson Fantasy Katana will be moved to Ebay next week, once my own computer is back from the "Geek Squad".

I will most likely forge out a blade and mount the Samson castings as a sword for sale at a later date, since this is what most of the inquiries were about anyway.

Jason Dingledine
Jason Dingledine

PostPosted: Mon 01 Oct, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bugei Katana sold pending payment.

The two Jody Samson Fantasy Katana will be moved to Ebay next week, once my own computer is back from the "Geek Squad".

I am open to some trading possibilities with these two swords. I've had a number of inquiries about trades, and things that I'm looking for are:

Batsuit parts (Begins or '89)

Lightsabers-- Ep. 4 Obi AFBB (Newest/Last Roman's or MR), Ep. 5 Luke (MR), Ep. 6 Luke v2 (MR).

Certain (very specific) of those noise, and light emitting items that we are not allowed to discuss here........ PM me here and we can discuss.

I will most likely forge out a blade and mount the Samson castings as a sword for sale at a later date, since this is what most of the inquiries were about anyway.

Jason Dingledine

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: 3 Samson pieces and Bugei Kat for saleRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic