Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Thanks to Albion... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Fri 05 Mar, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Thanks to Albion...         Reply with quote

This year the theme of many of our Boy Scout events will be "Knights of the Round Table". I have been asked to give a presentation on medieval swords and armor at our biggest event. (Actually, my wife volunteered me *g*)

Since I've decided to focus on the big boys like Vince Evans and Peter Johnsson my own collection has grown quite a bit smaller than it was. I'd like to present a well rounded array of medieval swords, and Albion has graciously agree to provide me with a few samples of the various types.

Thanks Howy!

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Jeremiah Swanger

PostPosted: Fri 05 Mar, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks to Albion...........         Reply with quote

Patrick Kelly wrote:
This year the theme of many of our Boy Scout events will be "Knights of the Round Table". I have been asked to give a presentation on medieval swords and armor at our biggest event. (Actually, my wife volunteered me *g*)

Since I've decided to focus on the big boys like Vince Evans and Peter Johnsson my own collection has grown quite a bit smaller than it was. I'd like to present a well rounded array of medieval swords, and Albion has graciously agree to provide me with a few samples of the various types.

Thanks Howy!

Patrick,

Sounds really cool! We did something like that in Cub Scout Camp when I was in 4th grade. Had some really cool camp songs for it, like replacing "If I were not a Boy Scout" to "If I were not a Valiant Knight"...

As an Eagle Scout, it's really good to hear Albion helping out with what I believe to be a good program.

Fond memories- I remember showering only with soap that we made from hamburger fat and ash for a week. Actually worked pretty well...

"Rhaegar fought nobly.
Rhaegar fought valiantly.
Rhaegar fought honorably.
And Rhaegar died."

- G.R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Fri 05 Mar, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Kudos to the folks at Albion. I was a scoutmaster myself for the last three years and am still a merit badge counselor, as such I can say for sure that there are still some outstanding young men out there in the world and it is well worth everyones time to try to teach them and give them constructive things to do.
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Mike Fletcher

PostPosted: Sun 07 Mar, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

BRAVO to Albion!

I hope the Scouts appreciate what quality swords they will be getting to see. I'll be doing a similar presentation on medieval swords for my kid's home-school group on the 18th, but only have my Acre, the Crusader that Albion donated to my agency's auction, a Godfred and an A&A Classic Medieval Dagger to share. I am looking forward to it though and hopefully I won't be faced with a room full of "know-it-alls" who have seen Highlander too many times. Eek!

Regards,

Mike
Timothy Gulics

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 08 Mar, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yes, Albion ROCKS. That's great news Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Thanks to Albion...
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic