Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > An attaboy for Kult of Athena Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Wed 28 Feb, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: An attaboy for Kult of Athena         Reply with quote

I just wanted to give credit where credit was due. I recently purchased some items from the folks over at Kult of Athena. To my chagrin it turned out that some of the items were unusable for my purposes so I contacted them today, to see how they felt about refunds and /or store credits. I must say they were incredibly nice about the whole thing and offered a full refund although I was perfectly happy to take store credit. Great folks, good customer service it's an outfit I will do business with again.
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Michael Edelson

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed 28 Feb, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'll second that. Those guys are great. They take returns, no questions asked, and if something is listed as being in stock, it is. Not to mention that they have the lowest prices I've seen for most of their items.

Getting Arms&Armor and Albion products without waiting is nice too. Happy

New York Historical Fencing Association
www.newyorklongsword.com

Byakkokan Dojo
http://newyorkbattodo.com/
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed 28 Feb, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

At some point I will almost certainly order something from Kult of Athena: At the very least some Osprey Books soon as they seem to stock almost all of them and maybe some spearbutts for a couple of my A & A spears.

I recently asked some question about some Kult of Athena product from Bob Burns and a problem I noticed on their web site
( temporary server glitch ) who lives to by the store and he forwarded my questions to Ryan Whittlinger.

Considering that I'm not even yet a client I got some very informative e-mails from Ryan the very next day. Big Grin Cool

So, my order to them is just a question of timing ( expenses and other things already in the pipeline ).

Just thought I would add this good experience to the previous comments.

Oh, and being able to get Albion or A & A products that are in stock quickly is a real PLUS. Cool

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Thomas Watt

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Wed 28 Feb, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I could not say enough good things about my experience with them...
in a world of marketing weasels and ripoff businesses, a customer must be earned.

As far as I'm concerned Ryan has earned my business, and I suspect he will earn many others as time goes on.

Just really nice folks.

Have 11 swords, 2 dirks, half a dozen tomahawks and 2 Jeeps - seem to be a magnet for more of all.
Hugo Voisine

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Wed 28 Feb, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I recently purchased a helmet and an A&A Iberian mace from them. Their service has always been exemplar.

Viva KoA !

« Que dites-vous ?... C'est inutile ?... Je le sais !
Mais on ne se bat pas dans l'espoir du succès !
Oh ! non, c'est bien plus beau lorsque c'est inutile ! »
J.G. Grubbs

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Wed 28 Feb, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I certainly agree with all comments above. I have recently placed my first order with them...it won't be my last.
"The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of one hour."
Samurai Proverb

James Grubbs
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed 28 Feb, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ditto on all counts. Excellent service and my number one choice for the type of items they offer.
Matt G

PostPosted: Wed 28 Feb, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'll just add to the above comments by saying KoA also offers a price-matching service which I've yet to take advantage of because they always have the best price. I've ordered with them on several occasions and had excellent results each time.

On their FAQ page, they mention that they check the quality of the products before shipping and from my experience with KoA, I'm inclined to believe that they do just that. That's important to me; I hate having to ship something back because of imperfections that could have been easily caught with a quick inspection. I'm glad KoA is on the same page in that regard.

Indeed, a very good place to shop and the first place I look when I am in the market for items they might stock.

"Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannon-balls and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today."

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Thu 01 Mar, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: An attaboy for Kult of Athena         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:
... To my chagrin it turned out that some of the items were unusable for my purposes so I contacted them today, to see how they felt about refunds and /or store credits. I must say they were incredibly nice about the whole thing and offered a full refund although I was perfectly happy to take store credit....

It is great to hear this news. It is, of course, very important to know that things usually go very well with a seller. But, IMO, the true measure of customer service is how the seller responds when there is a problem.

"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Jean Thibodeau

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue 06 Mar, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just put in my order Sunday night and got the tracking number today ( Tuesday ) around 4:00 P.M. and the shipment is on the way.

Now, it's just up to USPS and Canada post and that usually takes 5 to 6 days including customs clearance.

I got a good number or Osprey books, some steel spear butts and the Windlass falcata. ( Choose that one mostly because the aesthetics were the best at roughly equal quality ).

Anyway, the speed of processing plus the automated ( I think ) message giving me the tracking number plus an e-mail in reply to a question is as fast and efficient as one could wish. Big Grin

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > An attaboy for Kult of Athena
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic