Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Final Fantasy XI weapons Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jeff R

PostPosted: Tue 23 Jan, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Final Fantasy XI weapons         Reply with quote

Has anyone here played FFXI (Final Fantasy XI online game) and perhaps seen any of the in-game weapons made into a high-quality replica? I don't really need anything that has the words "Final Fantasy" on it -- just something that has a good resemblance in look and feel of the original weapons.

All I've found on the web so far is poor quality but heavily advertised junk.

Unfortunately I don't know of any website that has good pictures of the major weapons (other than tiny thumbnails); but there is a brief description on the wiki at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_weapons -- though it's not specific to Final Fantasy XI.

Thanks Happy
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 23 Jan, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have moved this topic to the Off-topic Talk forum.

Please note the description for this forum:

"Discussions of general history and other miscellaneous topics relating to arms and armour that do not specifically fit our other forums"

Thank you.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Einar Drønnesund

PostPosted: Tue 23 Jan, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy XI weapons         Reply with quote

Jeff R wrote:
Has anyone here played FFXI (Final Fantasy XI online game) and perhaps seen any of the in-game weapons made into a high-quality replica? I don't really need anything that has the words "Final Fantasy" on it -- just something that has a good resemblance in look and feel of the original weapons.

All I've found on the web so far is poor quality but heavily advertised junk.

Unfortunately I don't know of any website that has good pictures of the major weapons (other than tiny thumbnails); but there is a brief description on the wiki at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_weapons -- though it's not specific to Final Fantasy XI.

Thanks Happy

Hi, jeff. Happy

If youre talking about stuff like the buster sword, I doubt there are any high qulity replicas of it, as it is just way to huge to be of any use whatsoever. So the stuff you'll find will probably be quite, well, crappy to be honest. Maybe, although I doubt it, a custom smith would make one for you, but dont have any expectations that you'll be able to use it for anything other than display. No smith can make a functional weapon that big.
Einar Drønnesund

PostPosted: Tue 23 Jan, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You have replicas like this, for example, which to me looks like a fairly accurate representation of the buster sword:

http://www.trueswords.com/buster-sword-full-tang-p-2093.html

However, forget what they say about it beeing battle ready. at 16 lbs and made of stainless steel, that thing is not in any way shape or form ready for beeing used.
Jeff R

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, I was thinking more about regular weapons -- such as these for example:

Is this more realistic?
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jeff R wrote:
Well, I was thinking more about regular weapons -- such as these for example ...

I am not really interested in oriental swords, but the sword in the first picture just looks to me like a wakizashi. You can find those running from low price examples (maybe <$300) to high price custom examples (maybe $5000). Forgive me if I have the wrong impression, but it sounds like you may be at ground zero in looking for a sword. So a good start might be to start looking at the CAS-Iberia On-Line Catalog, which has a range of Hanwei/Paul Chen offerings that might suit what you are looking for. These swords may be available at discounted prices through various on-line retailers. I hope this is helpful.

"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Jeff R

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jan, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Steve Grisetti wrote:
Jeff R wrote:
Well, I was thinking more about regular weapons -- such as these for example ...

I am not really interested in oriental swords, but the sword in the first picture just looks to me like a wakizashi. You can find those running from low price examples (maybe <$300) to high price custom examples (maybe $5000). Forgive me if I have the wrong impression, but it sounds like you may be at ground zero in looking for a sword. So a good start might be to start looking at the CAS-Iberia On-Line Catalog, which has a range of Hanwei/Paul Chen offerings that might suit what you are looking for. These swords may be available at discounted prices through various on-line retailers. I hope this is helpful.

Thank you -- and yes at ground zero it sure is Happy Though learning slowly by reading reviews here, and other articles on the web.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Final Fantasy XI weapons
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic